Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines dinner?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

Is anyone else making dinner on Valentines day? I'm trying to get some ideas of what to make! It will be for my dh and the kids, but I was trying to think of something a little nicer to make then the same old thing.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM

You can do breakfast for dinner and make heart shapped pancakes  :-)

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Or really heart shapped anything. Just get a heart shapped cookie cutter and cut whatever you cook (except soupy foods of course!) into the shape of a heart.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I haven't planned that far ahead. I may ask him to bring in some take out.

Katt709
by Katharine on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I'm planning on beef stew. Not special really, but I'm having a party playdate that afternoon so I need something easy.

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Yep, considering it's on a monday. We're celebrating over the weekend.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Why not make something fun for the kids - like the pp said, heart shaped pancakes or something cool like that.  Then do a special, fancier dinner for you and hubby after the kids go to bed.  Steak, baked potatoes, fancy soup.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I have these things that look like shells that are oven safe, so I take small shrimps with butter and some emental cheese, and bake that in the shells for our appetizer, Then Filet Mignon with baked potatoe and a spinach salad for supper. For desert we will do chocolate fondue with fruit. oh and the bottle of red wine for me, SO only drinks bacardi rum lol This will be done on the weekend with my SO and I. Valentines day, I am doing heart shaped pancakes for supper with sausage, since that is our sons favourite meal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)