Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you kid cut their own hair?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you get it fixed if your kid cut their own hair?

Options:

Yes, they are my child and I don't want them going around looking goofy.

No. They knew better and if they want to look like a goof it's their business.

Yes, but after a certain amount of time so they learn their lesson (if this one, how long?)

Other because we all know there is always an other!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

How would (or did) you react?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starfilled
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I have clippers and I have two boys.  If they cut their hair, I would have a conversation with them about how scissors are for paper, not for hair, and then I would buzz their head.

imgnabamommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM

i just had to pick other lol. I wouldn't care if he looked goofy or not but I would take him to have it fixed. No punishment or anything like that..they just experiment..I did it. Its really not a big deal, hair grows back.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I guess it would depend on how bad of a job he did. But I am sure it would be bad. So after I stopped LMAO at him.I would make him go like that for a day to school, to make him learn a lesson. I would also take allot of pics, to bug him with, when he brings his first girlfriend home. LOL I am mean.

crazynut
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I had the hair dresser in MT on speed dial, my girls were forever cuting there hair.... I remember the time Rylee cut her hair shortly after Kelby was born and she has big thing coming up, she was the greeter at the Mayors Ball... So I call the Mayors wife (hair dresser) and she fixed her hair and it was soooo cute... a memory for the baby book.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I talked about this with Kyra when we started letting her use scissors in her room. Whatever her age is at the time of the cutting, that's how many days she has to go without getting it fixed. Then she pays me back for what it cost to fix it. It's only hair, and I don't really care what the hair looks like so long as it's clean and brushed. But that's not what her scissors are for : -)

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I would also take lots of pictures  :-)

I doubt we'll ever have this issue though. She spends forever making her hair just so and we're super relaxed about what she does with it (see purple haired picture next to my name!) so there's no real reason for her to.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Yes, I'd take them and get it professionally trimmed.

hellenak
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Id be upset..But kids r kids. Explain what they did n, why I'm upset n why they can't do it again.... then go get it fixed
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I would get it fixed.

Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I would kick myself in the pants because I usually keep my scissors on top of the fridge so they can't get them. It actually happened to me once but he cut his brothers hair not his. I was more mad at myself for not putting them up, but I had a talk with him about how scissors aren't toys, and he isn't suppose to use them to cut a persons hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)