Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep regression?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
Well ladies I need some advise. My 16 month old DS is have sleeping troubles. I think it might be due to his teeth but I am not sure. I dont feel any coming up but who knows. DS has had no problem going to sleep. He actually taught himself to self sooth at bed time 2 months ago but now he will not sleep. Normal bedtime is 7:30 (he actually chose this time on his own) but lately when I put him in his crib he just screams. So I think ok maybe he is just not ready to sleep so I wait a bit longer only to have to rock him to sleep.

We has always gotten up 2-3 times a night but now it is a full out scream when he wakes up. When I go in there he is just a screaming and it usually takes me an hour to put him back to sleep, something that he has never done before.

Any suggestions, advise, or bumps would be so greatly appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LSurvivor78
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Sounds like night terrors? Is there a night light for him? Also, when kids are waking frequently at night, its usually recommended to try putting them to bed sooner, rather than later. If they are going to bed later, they are more tired- don't get into a good REM sleep pattern and will usually wake more often. I do this with my guys and its worked well. ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C_Medlin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM
I tried a night light last night ansnit just made him mad. Didnt think about night terrors. I will definitely watch for that.
He has always woken up that many times a night to nurse but I think we can try an earlier bed time for little bugger. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)