Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only who has play-dates with their parents? lol

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

Okay... So I'm 25 (as of June) and I have three children -ages: 4, 3, & 1. 

I grew up as an only child. And I got all three of my brothers all in the same year that I had my first child -2006.

My father got engaged & my almost-step-mom got pregnant 6 weeks after I did.  And my mother adopted 2 boys that year ... which she was fostering before I got pregnant.  So my brothers are ages: 8, 6, & 4. 

Weird, right? My parents are in their mid-late 40s, starting new families.  

It's strange for me, bc while my friends have parents who can be great grandparents.. Mine are parents again themselves.. so they can't help too much with babysitting, etc.. bc they have their own young ones to worry about. 

Can anyone else relate?? :)

~Meg

SAHM to three amazing children:

Maddox [4], Kingston [3], & Paris [1]

{and wife to one awesome, hard-working man}

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadowns
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM

My parents are in the process of adopting.  I am super excited to have play dates with my mom because she is my bff!  We also plan on trading babysitting. 

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I can not really relate, I barley see my mom and have not talked to my father since I was 18, But I am very close with my MIL, FIL & step MIL .   But that is really cool that you are close, with your family.

Rlambert6002
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I can relate in both aspects. My father remarried when I was 16. My stepmom was significantly younger than him (11 years) and had my 3 brothers who are now 21, 20 and 18. My oldest 2 are 19 and 18 so they grew up playing with my brothers. And now I have 2 grandchildren ages 4 and 6 months...my youngest 3 kids are 4, 21 months and 2 months so they will all grow up together, too.

Baby sister to Jessee, Claudia, Gage, Randi, Alex, Clint, Mason and Lucas. Aunt to Brianna and Jessee Glen.

Shellness
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Can't relate but sounds like it could be fun at times :)

Meggie-May
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I really do enjoy it. I LOVE watching my little brothers & seeing my parents interact with them -so nostalgic for me.. Like, I remember when Mom saying that all time!!  lol

On the other hand, I do feel like I got ripped off -haha... like, they would help us out but they have this or that do with their LO.  And that's okay... turns out, it makes me a stronger person & a better mother!  And that's the most important thing.

It just got me thinking, bc my dad and little brother (my children's Uncle -LOL) are coming over today.. and it's always great.  Definitely different, I think, than most families! :)

~Meg

SAHM to three amazing children:

Maddox [4], Kingston [3], & Paris [1]

{and wife to one awesome, hard-working man}

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM

i definetly can NOT relate. but that sounds like soo much fun!

bethmoore71
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I can't relate now, but I very well may be able to some day. I turn 40 this year, and my DD (only child) turns 18 this year too. I'd like to adopt a child eventually, so my DD and I could be setting up play dates in the future. I know she wants to be a mom someday, so yes, it's foreseeable!

imgnabamommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

yes I can. My MIL has a DS that is 1 month older than my DS. Its weird.

imgnabamommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

But it is nice for my DS to have a child his age to play with that I know and its a safe place for him to go.

Quoting imgnabamommy:

yes I can. My MIL has a DS that is 1 month older than my DS. Its weird.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I finally got the sister I begged my whole life for at the age of 17 1/2. Kyra (my almost 6 year old) and Faith (my 10 year old sister) get along great together and love hanging out  :-)

Faith loves being the only kid in her class with a niece  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)