Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eczema

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 8 months old and is on Elecare, when he was about 3 or 4 months old is when the eczema on his cheek developed. we have tried all the creams and lotions both prescribed and over the counter and nothing seems to be working...My next step is take him to a dermatologist but before I do I wanna know if any other mom has had this problem and found anything to help calm the skin down?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyOK
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

If he's on solid foods he could have a food allergy. I have two boys that have multiple food allergies and one of them is struggling very hard with eczema....also cold and dry season makes it worse...

MommyOK
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I would take him to the allergist first.....unless you know a pediatric demotologist..... I wouldn't take him to a regular(adult) one.

actuallyamanda
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM
My sons only flares up badly like that if we use the wrong soap or detergent. It took me a long time to find ones that didn't irritate his skin. We use Eucerin Aquaphor baby body wash & Tide Coldwater detergent. We also use Eucerin lotion. So far its been well under control, even during this cold weather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Eucerin is what we use, especially in the winter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)