Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They just called and told me that Simon may have ADD

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:02 PM
  • 42 Replies

I REFUSE TO PUT HIM ON MEDICATION. EVER! Too many side effects. So upset right now. Feel like it is the END OF THE WORLD!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beth_1978
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM

crying

SavannasMommy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Theres TONS of things you can do to help with ADD other than meds....id start with diet first and then maybe herbal suppliments. Dont worry, meds are not the end all be all cure all. Good Luck!!

3totsinabox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Yeah I hear u. We did for one month to see if there were changes. Yes there were some. One being back talking and quick to do something when asked the first time were much improved. But I stopped because he wasn't the same happy kid. He was sensitive and didn't show excitment like I am used it. I looked into diet and behavioral changes. It is a work in progress, but much better for us not to medicate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSR
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Calm down. It's not the end of the world. Have him evaluated and discuss other treatment options.

unique_puzzle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM

My children have not been diagnosed with ADD BUT my first grade daughter HAS had issues at school with her behavior.  She doesn't still still at carpet time, calls other classmates names, is disrespectful towards her teacher etc.  Anyway I started giving her a natural supplement called Focus Factor and it has helped a LOT.  I bought mine at Costco but I'm sure it is sold in other stores as well as online. 

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Who are they?

TSR
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I was coming back to ask this same question.

Great minds!!

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Who are they?

Beth_1978
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Who are they?

His teacher and his therapists. They wanted to do a new evaluation on Simon, which is having him do certain tests, etc. I asked, I said, are you sure he has this? And she said we cannot be 100% certain right now, but I am 99% sure, and just have a "Feeling" and his therapists agree.

OhiogirlinCali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:06 PM

My son has ADHD.  He was diagnosed last summer at the age of 12.  He is on medication and it has helped him immensely!  I was wary at first, but he's not a zombie, he still has his personality, he's the same kid.  He's just able to focus more and he's not only doing better in school, but he's able to relate with kids much better....

mandalouwhotn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM

If he does, structure is going to be your best friend.  Its hard, but ti can eb done.  They tried to tell me my oldest had ADHD at 4.  He has never been medicated, is a straight A student, very social and well behaved, but we keep him on a very straight path and provide a lot of structure and a lot of activity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)