Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on a great, menuverable, stroller with lots of storage?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

As spring approaches, along with a family trip, I have become aware that my old stroller has come to the end of its life.

Over the past 2.5 years I've put on soooo many miles, the tires are bald, it tend to turn on its own despite me, and all in all is just not cutting it anymore. I like to go on 3 hour walks daily when possible and at least an hour an a half on days when its not. So I'll need something that can with stand it.

I walk from my house out to my dad's house in good weather (about 6 miles away) and I need plenty of storage for all the things we need to bring along (I actually dont even have a drivers licence lol)

My hubby, myself and our 3 yr old DD are taking a trip to Chicago soon and we will need something to traverce this "walk-able city" and manuver inside multiple stores and crowded zoos. Comfort will be important too, as I can imagine our daughter will tire of all the walking on our trip and will need a comfy place to ride. ~grins~

So if anyone has any recommendations for me, let me know! Or even brands to look with in/ stores/ store websites etc. to check out

Thanks so much in advance ladies!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom23boys679
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I've never had a better stroller than a Graco Quattro Tour Duo. It's a heavy beast but it has plenty of storage, very comfy, narrow enough to fit thru stores, but not too small. Like I said it's heavy but claims to fold up 20% smaller than the regular Graco Duo Glider strollers. I loved it - I had mine in the french roast color.

C8Baxter
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM
I have a friend who swears by her City Mini...she lives in the center of DC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I have no recommendations but here's a BUMP!

(Actually, when my twins were babies, someone loaned me a Peg Perego stroller and that thing was awesome!)

ravenstears
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Ah! I just stumbled across Sit and Stand stroller models...I think I'm in love...But I am having an aweful time choosing! If anyone knows about these sit and stands I'll put out my info for what I'm looking for/need.

First, I only have one child, an almost 3 year old daughter. I'm loving the options for her with a Sit and Stand stroller, we can change up where she feels like being, giving her more options. She's tiny, just barely 23 pounds, but I'm still a little concerned about the height the front seat, I've read many kids are finding them too short and uncomfortable. I need her to be able to nap and I need the stroller to be hearty and maneuverable, able to handle miles on miles as well as navigating stores and zoos.

heidit1984
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:40 AM

My husband and I got the jeep three wheeler with the mp3 speaker.  it is compatable for an infant carrier and it has TONS of storage.  We have taken it to Disney Land and Denver multiple times and our DD loves it.  It is $120 at Shopko.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:47 AM

This is the best stroller ever! I have the single and double model of it. I love both of them. Lightweight and very easy to steer, even with my 3 and 4 year old in it. The sun canopy is huge and the basket is decent size as well. 

Quoting C8Baxter:

I have a friend who swears by her City Mini...she lives in the center of DC.

A proud Christian, Republican. Supporter of the deportation of ALL illegal immigrants and their anchor babies, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Child Birthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 3 girls and one on the way and wife to my Marine!

Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?

LSurvivor78
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM
This is the one I have. Tons of room, very easy to push and has a steering wheel toy that attaches to the front tray. 2 cup holders for parents.. I love it. It just doesn't fold down compactly, but that's the only thing I don't like.

Quoting heidit1984:

My husband and I got the jeep three wheeler with the mp3 speaker.  it is compatable for an infant carrier and it has TONS of storage.  We have taken it to Disney Land and Denver multiple times and our DD loves it.  It is $120 at Shopko.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LSurvivor78
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM
I got mine at babies r us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyboutbabies
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I really like the Graco Quattro, Tall seat back, Tons of storage space, Easy push/stear, Big sun canopy, Large wheels, Holds to 50lbs and is very sturdy....I've owned Peg Peregos an did not like them, Cosco strollers are JUNK, The jeep 3 wheel stroller is a good option also....I've owned MANY strollers over the years, so this is all just from my experiance!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)