Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Anyone who does not have that great of a reationship with their parent(s).

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

Im going to just flat out say it:

I dont trust my mom. - I trust her to keep my daughter safe but I dont trust her to not bring several men around my daughter and I dont trust her to not have one too many at the mexican resturaunt She would have someone else drive but still. There are other things but ill keep this short.

My mom wants to meet half way to pick up my daughter for 2 weeks in the summer & Im not 100% sure I want to.  I have only spent 2 nights away from my daughter in her whole life (she is almost 2) those nights i put baby to bed went out and came home in the morning about 10am.  Anyways Im not sure what to do. I know its good for kids and parents to spend time away but im afraid....I have a deep seeded fear of my mom trying to take my child away from me. I can go on and on with explinations and examples of this but i wont unless someone feels the need to know to reply to the post. 

What would you do? What do you suggest? the "vacation" started out as one week and now she is trying to keep baby girl for two weeks.

My daughter will be two in may. My mom wants to take her in august, she is 12 hours away (by car)

I dont want her staying at my house either.....

After my daughter was born I moved out to go live with my mom. Long story short me and my SO had some issues- none that couldnt be fixed, but my mom got between us and added so much fuel to the fire that once everything happened I thought my mom was "helping" me. I left in the night pretty much with my 13day old infant and two cars packed full of stuff. Honestly I think my mom did it for many reasons but one being that she didnt want to be away from my daughter- she was the first one to hold her :(   I am now back with my SO (childs father) and everything is great. However my mom thinks im living with a friend and our child splits time between us.  I know im a liar but I really dont want her to ruin it this time.

Over a year and a half I spent living with her to learn that she hates my childs father all because he reminds her of my father who she left when i was under two.

muffinI like cupcakes and muffins :)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM
I wouldn't. If there isn't total, absolute trust in all aspects of the situation, then I wouldn't let her go. I would offer mom the chance to come crash on my couch a few days to a week to see my girl but in the stuff you've described, I wouldn't feel right handing her over for any length of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I say trust your instincts.  If you have hesitations, then no...

havenshalo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM
I was in a similar situation and I allowed my kids to go visit. It was a mistake and one that I still to this day, many years later, regret. My advice would be to visit with your daughter first and until she is older, mine were too young ( around two also)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacobsproudmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Quoting Ladybug8412:

I say trust your instincts.  If you have hesitations, then no...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
If you don't feel comfortable
doing it, then don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenB36
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Quoting havenshalo:

I was in a similar situation and I allowed my kids to go visit. It was a mistake and one that I still to this day, many years later, regret. My advice would be to visit with your daughter first and until she is older, mine were too young ( around two also)

May I ask what happened?

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Don't do it.  I do not trust my parents and they have NEVER kept my son in almost 5 years he has been alive.  My in-laws, I trust 100% with my son.  

coolestmomeva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM

i WOULDNT do it..no way if u have reason to believe she may be harmed by neglect or others that may stop by,  dont do it..its not worth the risk..i wouldnt like my kid that far away for that period of time..esp. if i have the slightest doubt!

Quoting Ladybug8412:

I say trust your instincts If you have hesitations, then no...

TheMillerFamily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM
I don't trust my parents at all. My mom is on drugs and she was abusive to me and my sister and my dad abandoned me for his wife after telling my school counselor about my step uncle (step moms brother) raping me.
So neither of my parents has my trust and they know it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenB36
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I wouldn't. If there isn't total, absolute trust in all aspects of the situation, then I wouldn't let her go. I would offer mom the chance to come crash on my couch a few days to a week to see my girl but in the stuff you've described, I wouldn't feel right handing her over for any length of time.

Thats just the problem I dont want her at my house.

After my daughter was born I moved out to go live with my mom. Long story short me and my SO had some issues- none that couldnt be fixed, but my mom got between us and added so much fuel to the fire that once everything happened I thought my mom was "helping" me.  I am now back with my SO (childs father) and everything is great. However my mom thinks im living with a friend and our child splits time between us.  I know im a liar but I really dont want her to ruin it this time.

Over a year and a half I spent living with her to learn that she hates my childs father all because he reminds her of my father who she left when i was under two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)