Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do u think about a cheating SO/DH?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
i personally think if your SO/DH cheats on you then the relationship/trust is over and u shld get a divorse or end it! but i see SOOOOO many woman go back to their man after they have cheated! my SO has never cheated on me and if he did we would end it!
My question is what is your thought about cheating? and if youve been through it what did you do? stay or leave? and if you stayed how did you get over it & do u not think about it a lot? i cld never trust them again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
grantsmommy23
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I don't think that I would ever be able to trust him again.  At the same time, I don't think you truly know what you would do in that situation until it happens to you.  It's easy for someone outside of the situation to put their two cents in.  I believe it's a much harder decision when it is actually happening to you.  

MyAngel003
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I agree until your in the situation you can't really say. If you truly love your spouse and have children involved many go to counseling and get thru it. It probably does take many yrs for the trust to come back, but that's the price you pay if you really love someone I guess. Thankfully I have never had to deal w/that problem, many of my own problems, but not that one.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

If a person cheats on someone than the trust is gone. I like to build my relationships on trust so no trust = no relationship

LSurvivor78
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM
I'm not married, but in past relationships if there has been any cheating I have left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM

IF i could prove it i would leave and get a divorce. im in the situation now.... not sure and cant prove anything. but if i can its over and i wont be playing nice!

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:42 PM
oh im so sorry to hear that! i hope its not true BUT if it is i pray you find proof! good luck

Quoting mylilgooberpea:

IF i could prove it i would leave and get a divorce. im in the situation now.... not sure and cant prove anything. but if i can its over and i wont be playing nice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armymom134
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM

All I can say is you really can't know what you would do till you've been in that situation. When DH and I first got married I caught him on a adult dating site and he had given his phone number to this girl and told her he wanted in her pants. I was 2 months pregnant, I was shocked he could do such a thing to me, and told him if I found anything else that I would leave, as it was at that time I would have had no problems walking out on him. Then while he was deployed we had issues with a girl he had on his messenger who he would talk to over talking to me. I finally looked into who she was and told her he was married with a lot of kids and that she needed to back off....after a while it stopped. Ever since then I have had issues in the trust department with him, but I have overcome it, but its still in the back of my mind what he did, but with 3 kids, its not so easy to just walk away. So we worked on it and things are ok now. But he didn't like have sex with another woman and I think that is why I was able to forgive him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)