Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you find a Dr.?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have health insurance for the 1st time in years, and I don't know where to begin finding a Dr. to go to. Ideas?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:36 PM
Talk to friends and family about who they see and their opinions on them then see who of those doctors take your insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoegirl01
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I have always got onto the insurance website and do a search with my criteria.  For instance, I usually want a woman doctor, that is a recent (but not too recent!) graduate from med school who is in a specific radius of my home and has graduated from a good college.  All insurance agencies that I've seen have this search feature.  Then I call the office and talk to the receptionest about what one in the practice is perfect.  You just fill in a few boxes and check!  Good luck!

imgnabamommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I check on the insurance company website, then I google them to see if they have any reviews as well as asking around about said doctor.

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I  moved from Virginia to Ohio. A month before the move, I asked my neurologistist to give me references for doctors in this area. He hooked me up with a neurologist here in Ohio, this doctor set me up with a general practitioner.

ExploreCAFEMOM; the world is at your fingertips !

Kimberly954
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Yep, i do the same thing. I have found FABULOUS drs this way...bad dentists though.

Quoting shoegirl01:

I have always got onto the insurance website and do a search with my criteria.  For instance, I usually want a woman doctor, that is a recent (but not too recent!) graduate from med school who is in a specific radius of my home and has graduated from a good college.  All insurance agencies that I've seen have this search feature.  Then I call the office and talk to the receptionest about what one in the practice is perfect.  You just fill in a few boxes and check!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)