Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice badly and quick!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM
  • 20 Replies

I just had my daughter 3 days ago. She was 5 weeks early and is in the nicu.
I had her at a hospital that is an hour away from me so I am staying up here at a Ronald
McDonald house while she is in the hospital. That is not my question though.

I was just at the hospital with her when I felt something coming out of my vagina. There was so much
of it that It was on the pad, and still in me. I had to rush to the bathroom and had to PUSH the rest out like I was pushing out a baby!! It was a HUGE clot. About the size of a tennis ball. a litte bigger.
I don't want to make a big deal out of it so I continue with my visit with my daughter and come
back to my room and had another one the same size.

I don't know wether I should contact my doctor? I don't have time to get "inspected" and then told nothing is wrong. I have two other children with me and my hubby. I guess I just want some opinions on what is "normal" or if it isn't normal. Since giving birth I've had constant pain in my lower stomach that were attributed to afterbirth pains. But they are still there and hurt like heck.

Does anyone have any advice?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BBPbyHolli
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:43 PM
See your doctor. If you're dead from a hemorage you're no good to anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls

No clue but a blood clot that large needs to be checked out.

BeckieLea

That size of a clot is one they tell you to call and possibly have to go to the ER for... I would definitely make a call!  

Iluvjandkplus8
I would contact my doctor ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pegleg63
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Yes, get checked out. It could be nothing, but like the first peson said, you don't want to hemorrage either!  Better safe than sorry!

sharonrena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM

You definitely need to be seen...clots that big are not normal.  Good luck.

navywifey2006
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM

that is not normal! you need to see your dr...i understand your baby is in the nicu, baby will be fine, you need to take care of yourself too.

MommyRoberts626
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM

One of my friends had this happen to her. She had HUGE blood clots coming out. It ended up that her Dr didn't get all of her placenta out. She had to have a D & C done and after that she was fine.

momma2b2008
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I would call your doc NOW!! I hope everything is ok!! Keep us posted!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidensmommy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM

definitly get the Dr!!!! I really didnt have any pains after birth but I could see where they could be normal.. the HUGE clots bigger than a tennis ball?! DEFINITLY Dr. The biggest one I ever had may have been the size of a golfball... MAYBE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)