Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I hear about your experience with the E center Head Start home based program?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

I called on Monday and am waiting for someone to call me back so I can do the application. I don't want to send my sonaway  to preschool. From what I understand about this program the care provider comes to my home for an hour and a half a week and works with us. What exactly do we do?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM

My oldest son was in that programwhen he was 3yrs old before going to headstart. The person will come to your house once a week and they will bring things for your kid to do. Each week is different. MY son had to : string beads together to work on his motor skills, try to draw straight lines, learn to write his name, read, poster project etc....he enjoyed it.

mommytoJames512
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Sounds good. I am not going to take him to a preschool until he is four.

Quoting funmommy123:

My oldest son was in that programwhen he was 3yrs old before going to headstart. The person will come to your house once a week and they will bring things for your kid to do. Each week is different. MY son had to : string beads together to work on his motor skills, try to draw straight lines, learn to write his name, read, poster project etc....he enjoyed it.

Glouii
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

mommytoJames512
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Glouii:

BUMP!

mommytoJames512
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:24 PM

bump

truckinangel
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM

All my kids went to preschool the last three from age 3 on my youngest went to headstart starting at age 3 and she loved it while I don't agree with headstarts methods I think she got a great experience from it. I got a couple hours of free time and she got a structured program that prepared her for kindergarden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)