Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!! in pain... help please :(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
i posted a few weeks ago about havin pain in my pelvic area but for those who didnt read it,
im having MAJ0R pain in my pelvic area & it has gotten worse today :( i have a doc apt the 15th but im havin trouble with my insurance so i think i might have to put it off :(
anyways the pain is like 3 in under my belly button and sometimes it goes all the way around to my back!! irs worse if i have sex & sometimes using the bathroom (tmi sry).. i had an iud placed when my daughter was3 weeks old (she's 5 months now) i havent had any pain till a couple of weeks ago? does anyone have any advise? im afraid i wont b able to go to the doc the 15th :(

UPDATE--
just wanted to say i went ahead & went to the doctor today! turns out that my uterus is a LITTLE tilted from childbirth and i MIGHT have pelvic inflammatory disease from the iud which obviouslly is very common! the doc said majority of the pain was from my uterus being tilted but it wasnt tilted enough to cause concern and that it may tilt back on its on (which is good)!! they gave my some medicine and if the pain continues or gets worse in the next month i have to go back to run more tests!
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolestmomeva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

idk really. but maybe look up the side effects and complications of your iud..thats the first ting i would do

jacobsproudmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Quoting coolestmomeva:

idk really. but maybe look up the side effects and complications of your iud..thats the first ting i would do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie610
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM

That much pain in the last few weeks is not normal at all. Since your pain is getting more severe, you should go to your nearest er asap. Because if by chance another pregnancy has occurred then you need to go to the er tonight to be checked. Don't try to wait until the 15th, which you already said you may not be able to go on that date. If in fact you are pregnant again, the doctor will have to remove the iud and the embryo. It is a life or death matter if indeed you have become pregnant again. Good Luck hun. Please keep us updated. I was a LPN for 15 years, I retired because of back problems.

mom2b116
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM

if its not this  it could be a cyst  wich you can get with a  I U D ..some take  care of themselfs others have to be removed  if they are to big

Quoting annie610:

That much pain in the last few weeks is not normal at all. Since your pain is getting more severe, you should go to your nearest er asap. Because if by chance another pregnancy has occurred then you need to go to the er tonight to be checked. Don't try to wait until the 15th, which you already said you may not be able to go on that date. If in fact you are pregnant again, the doctor will have to remove the iud and the embryo. It is a life or death matter if indeed you have become pregnant again. Good Luck hun. Please keep us updated. I was a LPN for 15 years, I retired because of back problems.

SHELLY

TSR
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
sometimes an iud can cause cramping but it shouldn't be that severe. you should get into the dr asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

When you say the pain goes all the way to your back that reminds me of when I passed a kidney stone.

I felt extreme pain from my back around the front and down to my pelvic area. Then it got worse and I had to be taken to the hospital.

They put me on vicadin and it passed while I was at the hospital.

But it could be that IUD. I am not familiar with that!

nessac1987
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM

even if your having issues with your insurance your health is first. what if you have an infection or something. and if for any reason your ins doesnt want to cover it go to medical and see if they can kick in and help you out. good luck and hope you feel better.

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Try using a heating pad that seems to help me some. I have endo and cysts on my ovary's so the pain your describing is endo...>Get it checked out and dont wait. It can get worse and fast!! Good luck

gabesmommy22
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM

i know the office that my mom works for will see people without insurance just to help them out and only charge like 25 or 30 bucks every now and then.  maybe its worth it to just kind of call around and ask if anyone is willing to help since u dont have insurance

starfilled
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM

One of the symptoms of an IUD can be PID (Pelvic inflammatory disease) and ovarian cysts.  I would get into the dr asap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)