Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you like to receive in a marketing bag?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:23 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am considering adding marketing bags and distributing them in my local community through my business. They would have 10-20 business' info in them and would contain discounts and coupons to those companies, samples, recipes, etc. If you were to receive one (or if you already have), what type of stuff would you like to be in there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busymom64064
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM
ummm idk....but I hate the ones that people throw in your driveway with a damn ROCK in it......ugghhhh those r annoying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:05 AM

coupons for spa treatments!!  and free samples like lotions, or makeup or maybe hair products.  Grocery coupons.  some cute gadget like a can opener or nail file.. :)

NookBoookMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM

free samples from the companies or a free item from the company if it is persihable. we had a cheesecake store open and they handed out bags of fresh baked cookies and a coupon for a free slice of cheese cake, we've been going ever since

mommylilang3ls
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Quoting yvonne37:

coupons for spa treatments!!  and free samples like lotions, or makeup or maybe hair products.  Grocery coupons.  some cute gadget like a can opener or nail file.. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Free samples and coupons, nothing that cannot be recirculated. As a professional organizer I toss these types of bags daily. They become apart of the clutter issue. Most things inside cannot be reused in someway. It's a waste of paper and materials for both the business and consumers. Make it so ppl will be inspired too use the services not just too inform them about the services.

If any solid product is going too be placed make sure it's a pen. People will use pens. However, a silly key chain, or other misc. items will normally go unused and will become solid waste.

My potential clients LOVE the ink pens I give out. I've seen so many things go too waste because they are not functional in our everyday lives.So I always make sure what I distribute will be used and somehow bring attention too my business.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I like samples.  Samples along with coupons is good, too. For advertising various businesses, it would depend on what they offer... pet treat samples for a grooming or vet store,  measuring tape for a furniture store, things that can be used.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I agree about pens, I'll always pick those up at business fairs. and emery boards. Something I love is a note pad with a magnetic back that I can stick to my refrigerator and put my grocery list on, I get one of those every year from a company. post it note pads are useful. I've had combs and combs that fold into a small carrier. Worry balls that you squeeze. No key chains, no foam beer holders. Something that won't fit in a bag but I am glad to get from a business fair is a yard stick.

Quoting lioness3e:

Free samples and coupons, nothing that cannot be recirculated. As a professional organizer I toss these types of bags daily. They become apart of the clutter issue. Most things inside cannot be reused in someway. It's a waste of paper and materials for both the business and consumers. Make it so ppl will be inspired too use the services not just too inform them about the services.

If any solid product is going too be placed make sure it's a pen. People will use pens. However, a silly key chain, or other misc. items will normally go unused and will become solid waste.

My potential clients LOVE the ink pens I give out. I've seen so many things go too waste because they are not functional in our everyday lives.So I always make sure what I distribute will be used and somehow bring attention too my business.

meooma
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Terrific comment.  Thank you.

Quoting lioness3e:

okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I would not like to receive one.  I'm an occassional coupon user, but I do not like unsolicited junk mail, mailers left on my door, etc.  Your idea, though, does sound like a good marketing tool for business to pool their resources.  Are you in your communities Chamber of Commerce?  That's the angle I would take with this.  Get merchants who are invested in the community and include coupons/samples from those businesses.  Good luck.

bbmkfo03
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I love coupons, discounts and free samples! Just keep it simple.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)