Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had a bad night - Cruelty to animals REALLY makes me MAD

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

Yesterday when we got home from shopping I could not find my cat Purdy. But I did hear something weird outside and I searched and found my poor Siamese stuffed in our outdoor freezer. Now yes, I know we need a lock on the freezer, and that is our bad, but who would be so freaking cruel? Purdy is ok, thank God I found him in time, but how could someone be so cruel? My husband says it is "Possible" the cat jumped in when he opened the freezer and somehow he didn't notice, but I really think some crazy person or some stupid teens did this on purpose. How can people be so damned cruel?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2milesboys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:39 PM

as i get the point that you are upset what your hubby said is valid my Muffin climbed in the fridge and i didnt notice till i heard him screaming, cats jump in the strangest places theres no evidence that someone maliciously placed you Purdy (LOVE the name btw) in the freezer. try not to be too upset but remind DH to check the freezer before closing it and get a lock

Elizabethmo2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:43 PM

my cat runs outside all the time and is way sneaky about it I always check and recheck the drier before I close it...  I'm hoping it was an accident instead of some one doing it on purpose...

okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Since you don't know how it happened, its a waste of energy to point fingers and make up some scenario about who did it (a crazy person or stupid teens).  Ensure your cat is safe by keeping it indoors and ensure the safety of everyone by putting a lock on your outdoor freezer. 

Mommy2justone
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Poor kitty, no matter how kitty got in there, I am glad she is okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM

wow, I am glad you found him in time. we used to have neighbors punt cats and dogs across the yard with a bat, and this was a child.

alyssaravensmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I agree. One thing I can not stand is someone hurting an animal. My cousin works in a vet clinic. She told us the most awful thing I have ever heard, it put one of my friends to tears. Apparently, this lady came in with her 2 children, they were all crying and had a puppy in a towel with blood all over it. My cousin said the puppy was so young it's eyes hadn't open, but someone had cut off all of it's legs and it was crying. She said they all started bawling and they had to put it to sleep. I would beat someones ass if I seen something like that going on.

mama2my3boys00
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Yep!!!

Quoting okhsmom:

Since you don't know how it happened, its a waste of energy to point fingers and make up some scenario about who did it (a crazy person or stupid teens).  Ensure your cat is safe by keeping it indoors and ensure the safety of everyone by putting a lock on your outdoor freezer. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Get it locked before it happens again.

I'm glad the furbaby is OK. We had a kitten jump in our freezer. My husband just happened to make a second trip to put something in and opened the door and there was the kitten on the top shelf, its breath frosting out. It was also OK, thank goodness.

idkstfuhoe
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Omg!!! Im glad Purdy is ok!!! Thank God you heard him!!!!

I cannot stand animal cruelty!!!! Iv rescued alot of animals and it sickens me that someone would do such horrible things to an animal.

lioness3e
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I agree with your husband it is "possible" the cat could of went in while he had it open. Ever hear the term "curious cat". I had one and he went into the dryer one day after I left the door open.

It was the day "curiosity killed the cat". I threw a load of cloths in the dryer, turned it on and left to take kids too school one morning. I came home 2 hours later and when I went too change over the cloths I found our cat ( dead). It was a bad day in our home. This was 14 years ago. It was not intentional. So it could very well of been a mistake.

Quoting okhsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)