Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are Strippers "BAD" Moms?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 48 Replies

Do you believe being a stripper automatically makes a woman a "BAD" mom or do you think a stripper can also be a good mom?

Please Explain your opinion.

I personally think they CAN be a good mom and this question was not meant to start negative drama BUT rather hopefully we can have a HEALTHY adult respectful debate for those who disagree with me and think they are bad moms.

holding balloonsYvonne

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trz031407
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as they aren't bringing their children into the club, then I don't see why they would be a bad parent!

BabyDollMama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM
A woman's occupation should have nothing to do with how good of a mom she is. I would think they would make better moms than the corporate type because they can spend much more time with their children, rather than being stuck at the office all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prinzesstephi
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I don't think a stripper is any worse of a mom than, say, a lawyer who represents criminals. As long as the mom isn't bringing work home, it shouldn't be a problem.

MarShy740
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM
As long as they don't bring it home that's fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Umm, until november i was dancing. . .. According to everyone who knows me im super mom. . . lol. . . Your occupation doesnt make you a good or bad parent. .. . i leave home at home and work at work. . . . yeah, my kids are a little spoiled at times.  .. but seriously, i only work when we need the money. Hours are 7pm (after theyre in bed) until 2 am (theyre still in bed, lol) then i got to spend all day with them. . . . and wasnt completely exhausted, lol. . .

Mommy2justone
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM
As long as they aren't doing other things besides dancing. I wouldn't want my child to know if I were a stripper though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLALA
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:17 PM
No. Her occupation has nothing to do with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I dont believe they are, they are working.

NANA0819
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM
no I don't think that makes them a "bad" moms. I know that its good money & some women get "stuck" in that way of life bcuz any alternative doesn't yield the amount of money they're used to. now if they're taking their kids to the clubs with them, or bringing home random men (not saying that all strippers do this btw), or not spending time with their kids bcuz they're working all the time....I think that is getting into "bad" mom territory.

but there are plenty of women who have more respectable careers & are bad moms. I've seen plenty of kids abused, neglected, etc & their mothers work regular 9-5 jobs...wat u do is not who are!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM
How is a criminal lawyer like a stripper? Umm, I guess if the lawyer is a criminal...

Quoting prinzesstephi:

I don't think a stripper is any worse of a mom than, say, a lawyer who represents criminals. As long as the mom isn't bringing work home, it shouldn't be a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)