Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take him in?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM
  • 26 Replies

My ds will be 10 months tomorrow and all day today he's had a temp. it's been rising all day starting at 99.7 and now it's 102.2. He has no other symptoms...no runny nose, no cough, no ear ache, etc. he's been real fussy and lethargic all day also. I laid down w/him for a nap and he slept for an hr and after he woke up i fed him but he acted like he wasn't hungry. He cried the whole time I was feeding him. So I change his diaper and give him his paci and he's asleep again. I'm wondering if he's teething? I texted DH and he thinks we should take him in. IDK. What do you guys think?

**~KrIsTiN~**
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SkylursMomma
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Sounds like teething :) try freezing a washcloth and letting him chomp on it. GL MOMMA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:19 PM

it could be an ear infection.if he isnt taking in liquids then yeah take him in. u should offer liquids alot more often when they are sick. monitor how many wet diapers

Graciemae829
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

well i would mama cause with little ones ya never know !!! keep us updated..and dont fel silly if the docs say it was just teething...it happened to me but at least i knew my baby was ok...update us ok.. :)

Graciemae829
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

BUMP!

lydi
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:22 PM

maybe try calling your clinic's phone nurse, if you dont have one, i would take him in

angelbabies11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Thanks guys!!! I hate seeing him like this.=(

sarah3510
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Did you give him some medicine for the fever?? teething wouldnt cause such a high fever. Online it says that a baby over the age of 6 months doesnt need to be taken in unless the fever is at 103, and wont go down or stay down with the use of medicine or remedies like a lukewarm bath

jazzyandpat
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I did you try to dring down his temp? If not just to bring it down and see if you can get him in tomorrow in his own dr... Here is some food for thought for a week my son had a very sore throat took him in to ugarnt care this afternoon and found out he has strep... So keep an eye on him.

squidsmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I was just told with my son that if he EVER gets a temp above 100.4 (before 2 years old) to bring him in. I would have brought your son in by now....

Jessy613
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I'd probably bring him in just to be safe! Hope he starts feeling better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)