Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUD housing

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have a ton of questions about HUD housing. A home in my neighborhood is up for sale & the flier has a HUD Case # on it. It's cute & I want to look into what it would take to own it, do I need to find a realtor to answer my questions?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hailnbray
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM

u dont need to however a realitor wont cost u anything. The person selling pays its worth having the free advice on buying a home.

Mama07Shorty
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM

yeah just call the realtor of the property and they can answer all your questions that you have

HeartsLove
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Well it says 'Govt owned' and there's no listing agent or phone number, just the HUD case #

Mama07Shorty
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM

maybe try and pull the hud house case number up online

cjsix
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM

We bought a HUD home once... you go to which ever realtor you feel comfortable with and tell them you want to look at this house.They will need to contact HUD and get info and find out about getting inside etc... You buy as is so have an inspection done! Don't skip the cost of this inspection it will let you know everything that is  wrong with the house if anything.By doing this you can find out what repairs will need to be done and get price quotes or find out how much materials are for each repair.Get the quotes for each thing separately...for instance the roof would be one quote amount,the kitchen floor another...also if you have the same person doing both,find out if they'll give a little off by doing both. When we bought our we got a great deal! Still wish we lived there...

HeartsLove
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM
That's the kind of info I need, thanks! What makes it a 'HUD home'?

Quoting cjsix:

We bought a HUD home once... you go to which ever realtor you feel comfortable with and tell them you want to look at this house.They will need to contact HUD and get info and find out about getting inside etc... You buy as is so have an inspection done! Don't skip the cost of this inspection it will let you know everything that is  wrong with the house if anything.By doing this you can find out what repairs will need to be done and get price quotes or find out how much materials are for each repair.Get the quotes for each thing separately...for instance the roof would be one quote amount,the kitchen floor another...also if you have the same person doing both,find out if they'll give a little off by doing both. When we bought our we got a great deal! Still wish we lived there...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)