Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your opinion on....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM
  • 77 Replies
babys getting vaccinated? i know A LOT of moms who choice not to with their kids
me personally i think EVERY child should get them! as my pedi said "if someone elses child dont get their vaccines they r putting other kids in danger" --not sure how i felt bout that, but i do agree every baby shld get them but its ur right as a parent to choose not to do it!
whats your thoughts on it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I think I'm bored.  We vax to the max though.  Dogs are vax'd.  We treat the lawn, the trees.  If we can prevent anything, we do. 

504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM
And EVERY baby?? Really? What about the ones that would be prone to sever allergic reaction and seizures??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM
well i didnt literally mean every1.. if its an endangerment to the child then of course i wouldnt do it! but u would have to start out vax'n ur kids to find out right?

Quoting 504bbymami:

And EVERY baby?? Really? What about the ones that would be prone to sever allergic reaction and seizures??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I don't feel the benefits outweigh the risks. I would rather trust a healthy immune system.  I didn't always feel this way because I used to not realize I had a choice. And I had never researched what was in vaccines and the reactions.  And then my 3rd DD suffered brain swelling from her 2 month shots and her personality began to change.  So I am not going to start injecting DD#4 to find out if she will react too.

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM
bless her heart! i am so sorry for tht :(
if i was in ur position i probably wouldnt either!
i know ppl have a choice now but i still dnt get how if they dnt get them then they cant start school right? tht is our rules here idk about other places so i always thought it was required for that

Quoting SoniaL:

I don't feel the benefits outweigh the risks. I would rather trust a healthy immune system.  I didn't always feel this way because I used to not realize I had a choice. And I had never researched what was in vaccines and the reactions.  And then my 3rd DD suffered brain swelling from her 2 month shots and her personality began to change.  So I am not going to start injecting DD#4 to find out if she will react too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom23boys679
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM

There should be ever high restrictions on what there are now. I believe you should only be medically exempt.

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM

im all for it, but i think i would do select vaccines. there are some that i dont think are worth my money. sure ill do the vitamin k, the chicken pox, and the flu, but ive heard a few going around and im like "what?!!?! really?!?! its not that bad!"

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM
For us, with my girl's health issues being taken into account, they were and still are the right choice. I talked to all of her doctors about them and looked into them a bit. I have no real reason to look into them more because Kyra is and will remain an only so no more babies. I do know you can get exemptions for school if you don't vax. Not sure how or where or how it works since I've never loked into that part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Quoting mom23boys679:

There should be ever high restrictions on what there are now. I believe you should only be medically exempt.

I agree. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)