Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Undercover Boss- I've seen a few and it didn't grab me.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

Have you watched Undercover Boss?  I saw a few and it got repetitive. I also question if the employees really don't know- would somebody actually spill their life story and hardships to a brand new guy who got a job with them?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dolphingurl1286
by Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:33 PM
That's what I wander to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momk23
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Yeah, I wonder that too.  And the owner that goes undercover usually gets all teary eyed and cries when he reveals himself at the end.

I did enjoy the one where they went to Hooters undercover and the CEO caught one of the restaurant managers being a total jerk to his female employees.  He called him out on it, and I think on the followup it said that the guy was no longer working for the company.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM

That showed bored me after awhile.  

Our family is complete!

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM

i love it but cant remmber what day or station it airs grrr

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM

i think it depends on how open the person is. ive had people come and talk to me and im the new guy.... hell, at ym last job, thats what my boss did. i guess it shows a level of trust.

M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM

My husband watches this everytime it is on. I think I heard them say at least one one episode that they tell the employees that the guy is doing a documentary on being unemployeed or starting at entry level or something like that. So I think that helps them open up more.

I have seen episodes with the other employees recognized the boss as soon as they saw him. He usually pulls them aside and talks to them about not spilling the beans on him.

onefootcutiepie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I dunno, random strangers in the checkout line will tell me their life stories. Seriously. It just depends on the mood at the time. If you seem like you care, people will tell you anything!

I like the show. I love seeing the boss see how his company really works and such and then at the end when they usually do things to help the underdogs working for company in the lower levels. I think it's great.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:52 PM

CBS- comes on next, I see, after Amazing Race- Sunday. 

Quoting aamommy2011:

i love it but cant remmber what day or station it airs grrr

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM

True-  sometimes people just need to talk.

And it is interesting to learn about the hard working receptionist- what goes on behind the scenes that the customer doesn't know about.

A show that made a considerable impression on me wasn't this one, but it was about a guy who worked as a doorman for a big hotel. The guy had to buy and maintain his own uniforms and could hardly afford the tiny room that he lived in.  You just don't know what goes on in peoples' lives.

Quoting onefootcutiepie:

I dunno, random strangers in the checkout line will tell me their life stories. Seriously. It just depends on the mood at the time. If you seem like you care, people will tell you anything!

I like the show. I love seeing the boss see how his company really works and such and then at the end when they usually do things to help the underdogs working for company in the lower levels. I think it's great.

SoniaL
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I love it. I like to see company execs that care and try to do more and understand their employees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)