Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme Home Makeover

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you watch this?  I really hate this show.  I wish the show offered homes to a variety of people who need it, not just persons with disabilities. I watched it tonight though and cried so much.  I was really taken with the young man, a soldier and his lovely young bride.  What a beautiful couple.  Anyone watch it?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I used to, but had to stop.  I got tired of crying over every episode, lol.  I do know that it's not always people with disabilities.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

joeysmommie07
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I watched it and cried like a baby also

okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

I used to, but had to stop.  I got tired of crying over every episode, lol.  I do know that it's not always people with disabilities.

My husband just boohoos every time. LOL.  I have only seen it when they showcase disabilities.  I think it is quite nice, actually, as I have a dd with significant disabilities and we have accessable homes, but the real world isn't nearly as disabled as the show seems to portray.  I think it is not so balanced. 

okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Quoting joeysmommie07:

I watched it and cried like a baby also

What a lovely couple.  Jessica was just so beautiful!  I loved it!!

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM

i like it. it's not just 4 ppl with disabilities tho its 4 those who have had tough times or do a lot 4 others but never themselves. i think it's a great thing 4 them 2 give the way they do. i really like it when the entire neighborhood/community gets involved.

Sweets27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I can't stand this show. It also does seem the only people they help are with disabilities all the time.

Dark-N-Prego
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I watch it but in moderation because it always makes me cry. They don't only help people with disabilities, they help various families in need. I've seen a few where ppl's houses burnt down or another one where they were just living in poor living conditions...

qkforever
by Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I used to also. Feel the same as you do.   I do have to say they came to my home town.  We have a wild life reserve that they helped with and they did it becomes the people fund the program themselves and through donations.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)