Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please, whats wrong with me? PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

k ladies, I am nursing my ALMOST 22 MONTH OLD AND HERE IS MY PROBLEM. I've had what seems like my period for the past 3 months but the problem is my period is starting to act up. in December It started on the 23rd and lasted the standard aver...age for my which is about 8 days. last month it started on the 18th but the flow was weird and it kept starting and stopping. and It only lasted about 5.5 days while this month it stared the 12th and ended after 4 days though the 4th day was really me just staining my pad. so Has this ever happened to anyone else. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I know it may be TMI but I really would be grateful to hear some words of wisdom, what wrong with me?.

* just to clarify- i have had my perid back since he was 7 months old its just these past three months that its been acting weird.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nays4babys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM

BUMP

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM

wow i wish i could help but i wouldnt know what a regular period was. i know some women do that after getting pregnant so maybe get a test to make sure.

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM

it can be common to have your period out of wack while BFing....

kirstn007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM

im not sure, unless you have stopped or started any form of birth control?  if it is worrying you alot then it might be worth it to get in to a dr who can help you.

VeritasAequita
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I'm no doctor but I think it's because you are breastfeeding and your body just doesn't know what it's supposed to do.  You body and hormones are out of wack and that's probably what it is.  I would call your doc's nurse and ask her too.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:23 PM

There are so many things that it could be.  The best thing would be to see your doctor and have a medical checkup and try to track down the reason. Good luck!

MaturingMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM

* just to clarify- i have had my perid back since he was 7 months old its just these past three months that its been acting weird.

MaturingMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM

BUMP!

madcrazymom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Call your primary, but it could be the hormones in your body acting crazy since your still breast feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)