Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Touch or Not to Touch . . .

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM
  • 21 Replies

How many of you like(d) it when people come/came up and touch(ed) your pregnant belly?

At almost 22 weeks,  I am beginning to show more and to "look" pregnant.  Some people just keep coming up and rubbing my belly, and I don't like it at all!  The most frequent offenders are ones that I can't really tell to stop without giving offense.  My own MOTHER and SISTERS don't touch my belly, and we're all really close.

While I'm generally the type of person to whom people feel free to give hugs and side of the face "air" kisses (and I usually give them out), something about having people touch and rub my belly rubs me the wrong way.  I'm glad people are excited, but hands off!

Anyone else feel the same way?

pregnancy calendar

Psalm 127:3

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him."

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I hate when people rub my belly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Osstie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I never had that happen to me when I was pregnant! I don't think I'd mind though.

QuantumLove
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I felt that way sometimes, but only about rude disrespectful people I didn't like at the time...

offrdngal
by Terri on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM

No one touched my belly while I was pregnant.  No one touches me without my permission, or they will loose appendages.

AidanCamsMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I never had any strangers or anything come up and rub my belly, only family members did, and that didn't bother me.

justgrape723
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I hated it....

I did see a maternity shirt that said "please DO NOT touch the baby bump!!!" lol

earthangel1967

I didn't mind when family members and people close to me did it but not strangers.

holding balloonsYvonne

LittleMomma13

1 person. I know her but eh i'm not a huge fan of that at all! so far no strangers lol

WaynesWife4life

when I was pregnant with my daughter I didn't mind, but when I was pregnant with my son I got really really big and hated it when people would just come up to me and rub my belly without asking...I'm not very far into my third pregnancy so noone can tell I'm even pregnant so I'm not really sure how I will feel as I get bigger

QuantumLove
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I don't just touch ppl's bellies though lol because I know how it makes some ppl feel weird.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)