Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM
  • 9 Replies
I was wondering how you guys cope when life moves and you are stuck behind. I am talking about when things are planned but you can't go because of the kids but your so goes anyways. How do you handle that? It doesn't seem fair that the mom is the one who is allways getting left behind and dealing with kids. Even if I go and take the kids I still end up being the one to deal with them will so has all the fun and not a care in the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
okhsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:48 PM

That's an imbalance in how you decide who does what.  I willingly defer to stay home.  My husband goes to all sorts of things and I stay home with my youngest who has a disabiltiy.  I don't mind it.  If you mind the set up you have, speak up and change things.  If your voice doesn't count, you have bigger problems than missing out on parties or whatever else it is you are talking about. 

popzaroo
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

kirstn007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:53 PM

that is a joy of motherhood hun. lol. my ex got away with no responsibilities, i was the one with a newborn feeding him, up all night all that while he went through his life going out to parties. lol there are many nights i've had where i would like to go out but things happen with my son and i cant. what ur so worried about its just part of motherhood, while yes, when my boyfriend now goes out on weekends and i cant sometime...sometimes yeah i do wish i could go! buut then i think i would MUCH rather be the one staying home with my precious son than it be the other way around!!!!

Sweets27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM

that never happens..me and dh are equally responsible when we go out.

ry22dance
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM
We don't decide he just decides that he is the one who gets to go and I have to stay home. He thinks because he is the one who works that entitles him to go out. Does it?

Quoting okhsmom:

That's an imbalance in how you decide who does what.  I willingly defer to stay home.  My husband goes to all sorts of things and I stay home with my youngest who has a disabiltiy.  I don't mind it.  If you mind the set up you have, speak up and change things.  If your voice doesn't count, you have bigger problems than missing out on parties or whatever else it is you are talking about. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM

sooo you dont work??  looking after HIS kid isnt a job?!  just because he works outside of the home does NOT mean that he is the one that is entitled to go out!! ya'll need to come up with a better plan than that! that's not fair to you

Quoting ry22dance:

We don't decide he just decides that he is the one who gets to go and I have to stay home. He thinks because he is the one who works that entitles him to go out. Does it?

Quoting okhsmom:

okhsmom
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I'm sorry this is your situation for now.  No.  He isn't entitled.  He is taking liberties and you are giving it.  I think this is a very, very difficult hurdle to surpass.  I hope you find your voice an dspeak up for yourself.  Quoting ry22dance:

Quoting okhsmom:

the3Rs
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:33 AM
That doesn't happen with us. Ever. So, here's a bump for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LSurvivor78
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Happens here too. Sometimes he will offer to stay with young ones while I take the older kids somewhere.. But usually he does as he pleases and I'm with the kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)