Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a horrible mom.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM
  • 32 Replies
I was giving my DD a bath tonight, i leaned over so she could give me a kiss. She stood up to give me a kiss, slipped and hit her chin on the side of the tub and bit a whole in her tounge. Not all the way threw, but it bleed alot. Im more tramatized than she is. But i cant help but think that this all could of been avoided
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethbeth
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Oh, I'm sorry! Accidents happen. It's not your fault. She's going to be ok.

sarahjo2275
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:49 PM

You are not a bad mom! She wanted to give you a kiss and that is nice. I say accidents happen. I am sure that you are an amazing mom!! Don't worry about what happened!!

ohmybaby
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM

you are not a bad mom for this.  It was clearly an accident.  Try getting one of those bath mats that stay in the tub... they' re a pain to clean but keep slips like this from sending a child or adult to the ER for stitches.. or worse.

It reminds me of an accident my DD had when she was a year old.  I put her down for a nap in her crib and her woke up not long after and lost her balance.  She ended up biting through her lip.  I took her the the ER and they decided she needed a stitch or two.  I wasn't allowed in the room and when it was all said and done I was told they had her semi into a straight jacket and had two male nurses pinning her down and the Dr could only get one stitch in.... and a poor one at that because it was barely in and it didn't last a day :(  Poor girl was terrified of hospitals after that and unfortunately that is where we went to see her regular DR.  :(   it was awful! 

Sweets27
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Ouch! My ds slipped in the tub the same way and he got a cut under his chin. I felt terrible too..

rbailey2414
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Awwww poor baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM
You are not a bad mom.
Believe me.
We were out at dinner the other night. And my 15 mnth old DD was throwing a fit. So I took her out of the high chair and was letting her sit in the chair pushed up against mine. She friggin leaned over a smidge and fell off and onto the floor head first. Everyone looked at me. I scooped her up went to the bathroom and cried. She never cried but I sure did.
I felt like a terrible mother. But accidents do happen hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popzaroo
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM

This is only one in a loooooong line of accidents I'm sure. But that's just what it was--an accident, so don't beat yourself up about it. This proves that our babies can get hurt even when we are right there with them. I have one of those really long mats in my tub. I wouldn't be without it.

Mom2Ladybug
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM
This morning the power went out which means our baby monitor was off. I woke up to a crying baby and thought it was the neighbors, I soon realized it was my DD. I haven't jumped out of bed so fast in my life. She was red and crying so loud. I felt like the worst mom in the world and had no idea how long she had been crying. Accidents happen and we need to remember that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Accident mamma.. they happen. My mom was zipping my daughter's coat and told me "i remember when you where 3 i zipped your coat and pinched your neck skin.. i even bleed"

When my daughter was born I was like a zombie for days, no sleep and breastfeeding constantly, so one night, my husband brought me water (cold) to drink, my DD was latched on in bed with me and i was holding the cup.. fell asleep and drenched my little newborn in ice cold water! i felt like such a bad mom.  want to hear more? lol

My husband carried her and was playing with her, he put her so high up that he bumped her head on a lamp.

I had to rush to the ER with my son (2 then) he needed stitches on his eyebrow.. I turned to do something and he climbed on a little car he had and the car slipped and he hit his head on the corner of a table.

I know how you feel, we think we can keep them from ever hurting themselves.. but believe me... accidents happen. :)  hope she is feeling better.

Twinkies2010
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:11 AM

One of my 8 1/2 month old twins rolled off the mat we put on the floor for them while I was holding her sister today. It was only a 3 inch fall, but the sound of the thud when her head hit the floor still rings in my ears! She was fine...just scared her (scared me more!!!). Accidents happen....that's what I keep having to tell myself. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)