Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI/Bladder infection?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
What's it feel like when you have a bladder infection? Or UTI? I have never had one and think I might now any advice helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C8Baxter
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Frequent, if not constant need to urinate, very small amount actually comes, burns during and mostly after urinating. That's how they presented when I got them, before pregnancy. During pregnancy, I only got Braxton hicks. Hope it's not too terrible for you, and you get antibiotics quickly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM

This for me as well.  

Quoting C8Baxter:

Frequent, if not constant need to urinate, very small amount actually comes, burns during and mostly after urinating. That's how they presented when I got them, before pregnancy. During pregnancy, I only got Braxton hicks. Hope it's not too terrible for you, and you get antibiotics quickly!

Our family is complete!

kirstn007
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM

for me i get INTENSE burning and pain. like my pee hole is ON FIRE and i am pissing out needles..it is very obvoious to me when i get one as you can tell. but, i have heard others dont get that pain, lucky them i guess. they just get pressure in the bladder and urgency to go.

jparker289
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Yep this is me! So I guess that's what I have got. Any suggestions on relief until I can go in to docs office tomorrow?

Quoting C8Baxter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM

go to walgreens and get some AZO brand pain relief. if you dont know where it is just ask a worker or a pharmicist to show you were. its at walmart too, its kinda in the area of the tampons or the Monistat, type of area.....

C8Baxter
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Cranberry juice! Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jparker289
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Thank you, I have two sleeping babies so in the am is the firt time I can go.

Quoting kirstn007:

go to walgreens and get some AZO brand pain relief. if you dont know where it is just ask a worker or a pharmicist to show you were. its at walmart too, its kinda in the area of the tampons or the Monistat, type of area.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandy0827
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I'm just getting over one... yuck. Mine burns, and even when I'm peeing I feel like I've been sitting in a car for 5 hours chugging coffee without a pee break. And I also kinda feel like I have cramps, but more pressure than stabbing (there is still stabbing pain though). I'll take Cystex (works really good, and doesn't turn your pee colors) and LOTS of ibprufen and water. When you get antibiotics (and you need to get them FAST) eat lots of yogurt, I know it sounds retarded, but antibiotics can give you yeast infections and also it may kill the uti causing bacteria in your bladder but it also kills the good ones and you might get another uti or symptoms not long after you get over the first one! I hope you feel better!

nikkita311
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I have burning itching and some times blood in my urine cloudy dark urine funny smell to it as well .I drink cranberry juice when I have one I also take a cranberry vitamin. As well.
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:23 PM

painful urniation, frequency in having to go. feeling like you need to go but nothing comes out. 

If you have one you'll need an antibiotic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)