Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

failing the 3 hour glucose?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

my sister failed her one hour glucose and had to go in to take the 3hour we dont know the results yet but im worried. whats gonna happen if she fails the 3 hour one? anyone know?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mykidsrock154
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM

hello i am on my 3rd preg. i always failed the 1 hrs and did the 3 hr and everything was fine. if she does fail then she most likely has gestional diabetes which is common in pregnancies.

ingrid198
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM

i think that means she has gestational diabeties and the dr may have to put her on meds to contol it and change her diet accordingly. Though its not the best its not the end of the world and most likely when she has her baby she wont have issues anymore.

sarah824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I failed both of mine and they diagnosed me with gestational diabetes. Look it up, it isn't as scary as it sounds, but I did have to test my blood sugar 3 - 4 times a day and record the numbers for my doctor. I also had to watch what I ate to keep the blood sugar down. My son was born on time, weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz and was perfectly healthy. Don't be scared it can be controlled, but educate yourself so you know what she is up against.

lisakansas
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I failed the 1 hour test with my first baby and passed the 3 hour test--I believe most women do pass it.  If you fail the 3 hour I believe they put you on a special diet for gestational diabetes and monitor your weight and the baby's size more closely, but that's about it. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I failed the 1 hour. But, passed the 3 hour one. Everything will fine.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Connor 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)