Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tough Question (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
  • wow.. toughie! I am not sure how to answer that one, lol! how about you?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-8):
    Christy644
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I would ratehr lose the old ones. I think. I don't know. I'm not sure. Dang it you're making me neurotic!!!! lol

hws060504
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Ack, I don't know! That's a tough one.  I guess I would rather not make new ones.  I have so many people that have passed away that mean the world to me (my mom being one) and I would hate to think that I wouldn't have a single memory of her. But that's really a hard trade off to never have any new memories....

LSurvivor78
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    Lmao! That's what I was doing thinking about that too!
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    mom2b116
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM

would rather  be able to remember old ones

other wise you would make new ones and not remember,, so whats the point  lol

and that way i could remember when i found out i was prego .. getting engaged

her birth etc

CafeMom Tickers
    LSurvivor78
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I posted this in another group.. and a mom said to lose the old ones since others could tell you about the past and 're-create" those memories.. very good thought!

EsmeVincent
    by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM

there are always pictures and videos and other people to remind you about what you forgot...I'd rather have the memories with my son and dh than the old ones, I mean so far my 28years has been great and I don't regret anything I've done but I'm a bit different than I was now with ds and dh so I'd like to keep what I have rather than live in the past.

Quoting LSurvivor78:

I posted this in another group.. and a mom said to lose the old ones since others could tell you about the past and 're-create" those memories.. very good thought!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

rHOPEb
    by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Technically you would have NO memories at all....right?  B/c then your new memories would become old ones once you have "new" ones.....so....its like a vicious cycle........?

hhhhhmmmm?????  I think its way too early to think........ :D

mom2b116
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM

but could a video or pic .. replace the feeling of the first time you held your child

or could someone explain what it was like the first time they smiled at you

Quoting LSurvivor78:

CafeMom Tickers
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)