Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Encouraging Words

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ok..I just need some words of encouragement..Let me say, I am trying to quit smoking..It's tough, especially cuz I'm stressed right now..I smoke mary, u can bash, I don't opay for it, it's given to me, my bestie sells it..My kids don't know I do, and they lack nothing..I also smoke black and milds, but, of course I buy those..I just want to quit to better myself..I just wanted some encouraging words or a BUMP to help push me along!! Thanks 4 reading..Now, back to work I go!! Have a Great Day!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LSurvivor78
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM

its a great thing to try to quit! I know what B&Ms are.. mary? Weed? Guess I need to know what it is before saying anything, LOL!

Christy644
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM

just do it. you want to, you know it's best for you. Just get over it and do it!!!!!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

It is best for you and for your children. Do it! If you need help from your doctor, go ahead and get that. Good luck!

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM

You can do it!!!!  I know you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is awesome!!!!  You will definitely feel so much better over all!!!  :)  Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep it up!!!!  

Try chewing gum (sugar free....so it doesn't hurt your teeth) instead to help with stress.  :)  My hubby used to chew tobacco (since he was like 13yr and he's now 27yr).  He has been quit for several months.  I am proud of him!  I know your family is proud of you too!!!!!!!!  

anne85910
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Aw you can do it! I've never smoked but my mom smoked when i was growing up. She's tried to quit a few times. (once she tried and was doing good, then her brother died and she started again.) but now she has quit for good and it's wonderful! it was really hard for her and i remember she was really moody when she was quitting. but we all went easy on her because we knew. You can do it! you'll be great and feel so much better about yourself!

AudrasMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 AM

You can definitely do this.  I quit smoking cold turkey after my aunt died and haven't picked it up habit wise since...and that's been a year and a half ago.  I do smoke when I drink but get nauseous when I try to smoke the next day after drinking.  It's definitely hard, and I had Klonopin and Xanax to help me through when I would have bad anxiety...  Good luck!! :)   I never realized how good food taste until I quit smoking!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM

you rockhugshigh fivewoohoogood

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Connor 3

Perfect_Mommy13
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Thanks guys!!! You don't know how much your responses mean!! Thanks again!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

good luck  Good luck!!!  You can do it  :-)

lydi
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM

you can do this! good luck, stay strong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)