Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my baby.......

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

So after 5 days in the hospital, a couple more seizures, an EEG, lumbar puncture, and MRI he was released! He had to stay on seizure meds and have his blood levels monitored. I'll have to watch him more closely under stress, illness, or when he's overtired to watch for a seizure.

All in all, it could have been much worse than a seizure disorder, but I'm going to have to get used to the idea that I may ever have to see him have another seizure...something I'm not excited about :)

Here he is getting his EEG:

He was a total trooper. He had to stay up all night before the EEG and wasn't allowed to eat because of the anesthesia for the MRI and LP. It was SUCH a long day. He didn't get in for the MRI and LP until 6! He was such a good boy.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jodstar30
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM
What a handsome brave lil guy.
Sry you both had to go thru something so scary and awful. Hopefully the meds will prevent future seizures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LSurvivor78
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Poor guy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

He is so cute!!  Poor little guy, that is a lot to go through at his age...well, any age.  Does he have to take seizure medicines or just be monitored?  I can't imagine how scared you must have been and are.  Be strong momma, it may be difficult, but you will get through it and so will your handsome little man!! (((HUGS)))

Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Aww poor thing. I couldnt imagine going through that. Best wishes to you!

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Thanks for the update! So glad he's home now  :-)

It's amazing how well kids take stuff like that. Most adults would have been more upset, not laying there with a smile on their face with all that crap on their head. What a brave big boy you have  :-)

hws060504
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Poor little guy! So glad that he's home now!  He is a cutie!

starfilled
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM

What a cutie.  Glad it wasn't something worse... Still not fun.  Strong momma, strong boy.

canthaveboys1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I am glad he is doing better! What a cutie he is, and such a brave one at that!

mommy_10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I know how you feel....I had a 3 yr old who started with seizures, and also with through the MRI, multiple EEG's...she is now on two medications, depokote, and zartonin....I will make a suggestion...although she is on the medication, I also take her to the chriopractor, and that has help tremendously....I have to say she has been seizure free for a yr already...GOOD LUCK, and hang in there....I know how scary all this can be....

What meds are your LO on? 

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

**hugs** I hope he doesn't have another one.  My youngest is on Keppra for an unknown seizure disorder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)