Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wont help, am I wrong or not ? **update**

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 22 Replies

a set of friends are moving , we helped them move 2x's now and last time we moved it was like pulling teeth to get them to help get them moved and we used our truck and onyl got a thanks and thats it, well they are looking @ new places and want us to help them move again, i said No b/c when it comes time for us to move we wont get your help and imo it's not fair especially with gas prices to use our truck without offering some gas ( its over 30 mins away) for each trip, I was called selfish and I said oh well I dont care b/c when its our turn to move I get a million excuses.

**update**

well they called and said sunday is the move date, I told them that was nice but seeing how our wedding annivesary is the next day we cannot help we have plans ( our 1 yr) and we had prior plans. they were mad but dh said if you were true friends you would  have understood.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

def not wrong. they sound like users and need to go find someone else who will put up with their shit.

offrdngal
by Terri on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Hahahaha!!!  Isn't it great to be called selfish by someone who is selfish and ungrateful!! LOL  I would have just looked at them and said, oh well, I guess I am selfish then.  DOn't let them name call and pressure you into helping them.  You've gone over and above the call of duty to them.  Just because you have a truck, that doesn't mean you are obligated.  I'm sure your truck isn't white and orange with big black letters...UHAUL..on it.  Fuck them, they can find someone else.

Bethbeth
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM
You've helped them move twice. If they like moving so much they need to figure out another way to get it done.
lil_ferfer
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM
OMFG why won't You help them they are your friends. come on.

im totally kidding. Heck no. gas is over 3 bucks a gallon and w/ a 30 min drive. that's ridiculous. tell them to give You gas money ahead of time and to take You out for lunch for last time and You will. i know i wouldn't do it for free. we have a truck and ppl try to do that shit to us too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:04 PM

ty ladies, thats what I told dh, I said I know you are friends with him but lately it's like they are only friends when they want something. I reminded dh thats not friends and I mean come on I know you like to help and so do I but if a friend cannot say hey here is $5 for gas and ill cook dinner or something, then shrug it off

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I would not offer to help, if they have been like that when you have. I had this happen to me with a old set of friends, the second time I helped them move, I ended up tearing my ACL.  If they are completly packed themselves and offer gas money then I would consider it, but chances are if they have been like this before then it will just happen again, it is OK to be the selfish one, you have no obligation to help them move just because they are friends and you have a truck, especially if they do not do anything to offer compansation. The one good thing about not having the truck anymore, we do not get asked to help move anyone anymore.

happymom1988
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Cheap assholes !! They could have hired UHAUL but cuz u guys did it for free .. They took advantage .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM

this.except i have never had a truck lol...

Tell them there are such things called MOVING COMPANIES and to look them up in the phone book lol...yes i am that mean sometimes lol

Quoting heidi749:

I would not offer to help, if they have been like that when you have. I had this happen to me with a old set of friends, the second time I helped them move, I ended up tearing my ACL.  If they are completly packed themselves and offer gas money then I would consider it, but chances are if they have been like this before then it will just happen again, it is OK to be the selfish one, you have no obligation to help them move just because they are friends and you have a truck, especially if they do not do anything to offer compansation. The one good thing about not having the truck anymore, we do not get asked to help move anyone anymore.

NookBoookMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM

ty ladies ill be showing this to dh b/c I know he feels bad but I am done, like I told the wife brag that u have $$ start shelling it out for gas and something. I mean spending all day moving someone and dont get a thanks without it being ok well bye, I had surgery last yr so my lifting is limited I wouldnt be much help anyway,

Aries46845
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I agree with other ppl posts and you are not being selfish. We have helped several ppl move and when we ask them for help, its like pulling teeth.  So we donot agree to help people move anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)