Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u deal w/ someone bulling your daughter?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
This morning my 5 year old daughter wakes up like any other day. She was getting ready for school it wasn't until she was almost leaving that she gave me every excuse on y she didn't want to go to school. I made her go since nothing seem like a good excuse. While in the car she mention to my husband that kids in her school were taking her snack and they were pushing her around. My husband came back and told me everything today after school I'm gonna talk to her teacher. But if this is true how do I deal w/ it. I Never thought my kid would go thru something like that specially so young. Can she be lying to my husband? I'm so scared for her if its true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LSurvivor78
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Any child Could be lying, but its our job to take them serious and protect them. I would be on the phone with the school immediately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LSurvivor78
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM
I have zero tolerance of bullies. I have confronted kids at playgrounds, schools etc.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Please investigate before youworry about her lying. Deal with that bridge if you get there...you'd hate it if your daughter didn't bring up her problems because she didn't think you'd believe her. Do what you can to find out the who, what, when about the bullying. Then if you can see that it's not the case, then deal with the lying. Bullying is such an enormous problem. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I'd just talk with the teacher and find out what's going on. 

mama42011
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM
I call the school right away and today I'm going in to talk to the teacher after school.
I hope is not happening, if it is I'm going to feel so bad that she dint feel like she could trust me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Speak with the teacher to see if she's noticed anything in class or on the playground. If her snack is being taking at lunch, the cafeteria's are usually monitored, but usually not by the teacher and there usually aren't enough monitors to watch everything and everyone. Any child that age trying that hard to NOT go to school is usually having a problem at school, so I wouldn't think she was lying. Bullying is serious and yes, unfortunately it starts that young. You may also consider going up to the school and watching from the outside of the class and lunch room. Preferable without the children knowing you're there. I volunteer at my DD's school twice a week. She's in 1st grade and I can see into her class from the hallway, sometimes I will stand and watch without being noticed. I help the Kindergarten teacher DD had last year too and I've already seen 4 Kindergartners SUSPENDED for bullying. One little girl for threatening to go to another girls house to "kick her butt", 2 boys for stealing and punching another boy in the face, and another threw a chair at the teacher. It's scary what goes on with kids today. 

Bree303
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM

5 yrs old?  I'd probably have a talk with the teacher.  She's too young to try dealing with this herself.  Also, I'd keep an eye on the kids doing the bullying & if necessary speak to their parents.  I'm not above disciplining someone else child in order to keep mine safe

starfilled
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Yeah, I know there are kids in my sons' class who are bullies (thankfully most of it has not been directed at him).  Bullying starts young.  I would make sure to have a conversation with the teacher and keep an eye on it (discuss it with your daughter daily)  If it doesn't stop, meet with the school principal and work your way up from there.  Good luck.

Bree303
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Also, I'd have a talk with your dd, & let her know she can come to you with anything.  I tell my kids to always come to me 1st.  even if they think they are going to get in trouble.  Not matter what I would always be on their side.

Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I would go talk to the teacher for sure. If she is lying atleast ou know the truth and can talk to her about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)