Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what happened to the BIL with pneumonia?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

i think thats what he had.. he was on a respirator and it went sepsis. i can't find the post.. it didn't save to my replies. i've just been wondering about them. i hope he's doing better.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
okhsmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I've been hoping for a positive update too.  I hope no news is good news in this case.

chelle1201
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM

**Update 2-28**

His lungs have sprung a leak. they are leaking air into his body every time that the respirator he's on makes him take a breath. it is all gathering up under his skin and swelling him up. His whole body is blown up like a big balloon. He barely looks like himself anymore. My sister hung up photos in his room of their family and played a recording from the kids to him telling him to get better & how much they miss him. The kids in my nephews class all made get well cards for him & those will be hung in his room as well today. She has the children at home now, they are resuming as normal a schedule as possible. They go to school, come home, have dinner, do homework etc. and then at the end of the night after they've been put to bed my brother comes over to stay while my sister runs to the hospital to see him. It means she will only be able to be there a couple of hours a day, but the kids get some normalcy.

The teachers and staff members at my sisters kids' school gave her money to pay the rent and bills and stuff. My sister said that she had a very emotional morning. After she dropped off the kids to their classes she went to the office (she's PTA president) and was talking to the principal and they presented her with get well cards for him and in the envelopes was money. She said that she just started to weep when they did that. It's been hard for her to think about rent being due tomorrow & no money for the rent. My Mom will help with whatever else is left over due, and she will start working his job sometime late this week or so- soon as they get her name on the payroll.

I have photos- but I don't know that you'll want to see them. they're really scary (not bloody or gorey or anything, but scary). If you want to see, I will post them. Thanks to all who have been so supportive. this has been a tough time and your prayers and thoughts are all very welcome and needed. I will be sharing this post with my sister so she can see how many people who don't even know them care. Thanks again guys.

starfilled
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM

she hasn't updated for a couple days and the last update was grim... she did log in today, but she hasn't updated.

noahscott
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM

thanks! can i have the link to the post??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)