Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help on sons teeth before he loses them

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
well i have a 21 month olf little boy but he hate brushing his teeth it sounds like im torturing him. so how cn i make it easier on him and me
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I am having the same problem with my 13 month old. You just have to do it even if he fights you. I even tried different tooth brushes. The next time I need to go to the store I am gonna try one that spins. I cant think of what they are called. LOL Total brain fart.

hws060504
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Can you let him choose his own toothbrush?  One with a character that he likes?  Try to make it a game or brush with him so he sees that it's not that bad.  :)  Just keep at it.  I know it can be frustrating! :)

Mommy2justone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM
What about letting him pick out a cool tooth brush? What kind of toothpaste do you use? Make sure to use a mild floride free tooth paste that won't burn his mouth. I always brush my teeth while my daughter does hers then I brush hers again for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

buy him a spin brush! my son loves it.. or one that plays the music maybe?

but im gonna tell you a story.. well peices of it.. i know a 3 year old whos mom neglected his teeth.. he needs to have one pulled and 19 crowns.. yep.. and he onloy has 20 teeth :(

robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

my oldest she hates to brush her teeth and I have to ask her everyday did you brush cause she would go with out brushing her teeth if she could, my youngest is better at brushing her teeth and she loves it. I always ask her do you need help and she tells me no I will do it...lol I just got my kids each one of them spin brushes

kristy0833
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

my sons tastes like strawberries :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

What about letting him pick out a cool tooth brush? What kind of toothpaste do you use? Make sure to use a mild floride free tooth paste that won't burn his mouth. I always brush my teeth while my daughter does hers then I brush hers again for her.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I just let Erin do it herself while I brush mine with her....then I finish her up.  I got her a hello Kitty electric one back when she was old enough to stand up Kids usually want to copy you so try brushing yours at the same time.  BTW we use non flouride training paste very tasty!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)