Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring Cleaning mommas, tips/ideas please :) & for those that dnt do it bump please (i wanna get as many tips as possible) PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ok so i wanna do some major cleaning in my house & i would love all tips/ ideas if you spring clean. I had a baby 2months ago, so i'm finally getting my energy back so i'm really motivated to make my house neat & organized, especially my kids room since 4 of them share 1 room (all under 5) & i would love for it to be more organized, neat & roomy for when they're just hanging out. Any tips/ ideas welcomed, TIA. :D have a blessed day everyone & thanks for reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM

i need help organizing too so heres  bump

hudson.maggie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Quoting silverdawn99:

i need help organizing too so heres  bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM

THROW away all unwanted and unused things!  Well, not necissarily throw away...you can donate or sell too.  But all things that do not get used....if it has not been touched in 4-6mo then get rid of it!  Throw away all broken toys and books that are torn or colored in.  All thing that you want to "save" for keepsakes for your children later, buy the rubbermaide totes and store in the attic so they are out of the way.  Make sure you label them tho.  Clean out ALL clothes/socks/undies/etc that do not fit.  

We just redid our floors (my hubby laid laminent) and so we kinda had to "declutter" as we went room by room.  And I LOVE it!  I threw/donated a ton of stuff.  Also, its consignment sale time right now so I have put all of DD's spring/summer stuff from last year in the sale to get it out of the house and to get extra  money.  

Get some magic erasers.  They are wonderful for cleaning up walls and stuff!  LOVE them!  Also, vinegar is a good cleaning product and is safe to use.  I use pledge and windex for dusting, but I'm sure there is an "all natural" out there for that....I think vinegar solution for windows.  Take it ONE room at a time.  Do not stretch your new energy too thin!  It will save for a new day.  Have some fun with it too!  Good luck and God bless......

C_Medlin
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Quoting C_Medlin:

Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

as far as organizing goes i move everything out of the room and start bringing things back in a box at a time organizing as i go.

as far as cleaning. again, the same thing, i move everything out of the room and basically pretend it's like i'm just moving in again. clean everything in the room then start bringing things back in a little at a time. it usually takes me 2 days per room.

some ppl think that dirty walls need repainted and don't realize you can actually 'wash" the walls. my aunt did this, everytime her walls got dirty she would repaint the room, lol. just get a cleaning bucket and add ur favorite cleaner and wash the walls. MAKE SURE LITTLE ONES ARE NOT IN THE ROOM AND ARE AWAY FROM THE SMELL OF THE CLEANERS U USE.

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM

YES VINEGAR IS GREAT AND SAFE!!

Mommy2justone
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM
I start in one room and throw out anything we haven't used in a year, broken toys, torn clothes. I also clean all the windows to finish up :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Have you joined any cleaning/organizing groups?  I just joined a couple and they are helpful.  YOu might check around and see if one suits you. 

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM
get rid of the kids and their junk and ur set. lol j/k. organize ur stuff, keepsakes put in totes, things u dont use donate somewhere that they give things away for free or sell at a yard sale (cuz IMO salvation army/goodwill has outrageous prices id rather go to a yard sale than there), throw away broken things unless its something u can super glue back together and is a keepsake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)