Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a lot of pain is this normal?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
I will be 39 weeks Sunday and for the past 3-4 days I have been having really bad vaginal pain. The best way I can describe it is it feels the way it did AFTER I had my DD, the sore aching pain.

I had an appointment today with my OB and she wasn't concerned about it but checked to see if I was dialated and when I went into preterm labor I was 3 1/2 CMs, now they are saying I am 3 CMs and 50% effaced but during preterm I was 70%.

So I am not sure what's going on. But I am in a LOT of pain even sitting hurts. Has anyone else had this? Or have any idea what it is?? And it's not pressure, it's straight PAIN
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aamommy2011
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

wow. not sure, it might be BECAUSE you're dilated.

1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Well I have been at 3 1/2 CMs for the past 5 weeks. And this just started 3 days ago, I figured I might be dilated MORE so it would cause the pain but I haven't moved other than losing a half a centimeter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy1023
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I had pain too the last couple of days before I delivered and the doctor said everything looked fine and was normal to have pain.  Could just be a lot of pressure down there.  I had hemmroids (sorry tmi) too so that made it even more uncomfortable.

starfilled
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

It gets really uncomfortable at the end... You'll have the baby soon.  Hang in there.

1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Is there anything that I can do to help with the pain. My SOs mom said since I am already dilated I can't take baths but idk how true that is??? Tylenol doesn't help either so idk what to do to even lessen it a little bit :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SxyPanamami83
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:28 PM
I had that pain right around the time my dd dropped .i knew thats what was causing it and it hurt to walk foe long periods of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I dont think you are allowed baths if you are dilated. I think because of the yucky water getting in there. (i might be wrong) I would call your doctor and talk to a nurse and just see what they say. I had alot of pressure down there for about a week before my DS was born. Wasnt painful really just felt like he was gonna fall out! LOL

Quoting 1_Teen_Mom:

Is there anything that I can do to help with the pain. My SOs mom said since I am already dilated I can't take baths but idk how true that is??? Tylenol doesn't help either so idk what to do to even lessen it a little bit :(

proudmommy_1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM
I believe you can take baths if you're dilated just not if your water has broke. Did you have sex before the pain started? At the end, I would hurt for a couple of days after having sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jonathan101909
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:58 PM
You can take baths lol just not hot ones! I had this at the end of my first pregnancy and a cold soda pressed against my undies numbed the area and gave some relief. It'd be worth a shot :)

Quoting 1_Teen_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)