Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
So not something I want to brag about or announce to the entire world, but I had my suspicions of her doing drugs.
And they were unfortunately confirmed today, but she is hiding it from me.
I am mad and hurt at this but I am not sure how to bring it up to her... Any advice? :/ I want to try and get her off this road, she's been down it before....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tranla
by Elisabeth on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM
I don’t have any advice for you, but I do want to say I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodstar30
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Try and call some one at Alanon. It's a place that helps family members of addicts.
Sry your going through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I was going to suggest this too, if no one else had!

Quoting Jodstar30:

Try and call some one at Alanon. It's a place that helps family members of addicts.
Sry your going through this.

3lilmonsters88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I'm sorry your dealing with this, just know your not alone...my mom has a similar issue. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I understand what you are going through, my mom is in addict. She has been sober for 4 years now. I would confront her about it! Just tell her you know what she is doing. See what she says and go from there. Good Luck!

SandyHack
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Seek help from anyone who has helped her before, CD counselor, family friend, whoever. Good luck, and I'm sorry this is happening.

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM

yeah, i got nothin. good luck!

1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Thank you ladies, and I am sorry for the ladies that are going through this as well.

I talked to my mom earlier and she didn't want to tell me anything I just let her know that if she ever gets in that situation then I will help her out of it.

Sandyhack- unfortunately I don't know who all has helped her because I was little when she was doing these things. The only one I know of would be my dad who as well has relapsed so he's not the most reliable source :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Maybe call community mental health and other similar places to see if they can help or have resourced that can?

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)