Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to have to bite the bullet

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

And I am DRRREEEEAAAADDDDDIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG it. No other potty training technique is working. He is old enough that he needs to be going on the potty, no pullups or anything else has worked. I am just going to go with underwear and water proof pants... and hopes he doesn't piss all over our new furniture  (lol) I got the undies (in thomas his favorite) and the water proof pants. Has any mom ever done this? How long did it take for your LO? I am sooooo not looking forward to it at all.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsMWF
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I never used pull-ups. If they were ready, it usually took no longer than a week (night time training may take longer).

NookBoookMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM

what we did was ask both kids where should the potty be, sounds silly but both kids were comfortable watching tv and going, and then we would move it closer to the bathroom and finally it ended up in the bathroom, they both like noise so "no one heard them". and it worked for us.

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM

how old is your kid? when i trained mine for the first time, i just let him run around naked and told him if he went on the floor he was in trouble! lol. it worked.   he had his accidents, but he never just went on the floor.

arianaxangel23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:19 PM
I am still,trying to pt my son, he just doesnt want to do it. Icant force it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:28 PM

He is three. But he refuses to go naked. He is embarrassed when he is.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

how old is your kid? when i trained mine for the first time, i just let him run around naked and told him if he went on the floor he was in trouble! lol. it worked.   he had his accidents, but he never just went on the floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)