Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Should I do? (im a daycare provider)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM
  • 72 Replies

Where I live things are slow allot of people are out of work, so there is no great need for daycare.  Ive been a daycare provider for 15yrs, and this is the first time, something like this has happened to me.

The lady I babysit for pays me $25 a day, and she doesn't even pay out of pocket, she puts gas into my car, with her gas card for work (that her work pays) I made that deal for her, because It was a way of helping each other out.  She is supposed to provide food, wipes and diapers, but she Casually "forgets" the food, so I have been providing for her, and she only provides the diapers and wipes that are in her diaper bag, she REFUSES to bring extra for emergency situations.

So Friday I changed her diaper, and the other childs diaper that I watch, and out of habit, I grabbed her wipes with his, and I put it in my "extra" storage. She text me that firday and said, that I forgot to put the wipes in her bag, I apologized, and told her id have them back in there on monday.  When she came monday I DID put them back in the bag, as soon as she arrived, but at the end of the day, I put them in the drawer again out of habit. I know that this shouldn't matter, but I have had allot on my mind, my daughter has been very sick, and has been having procedures done on her kidneys, and my sons eczema has been flared up really bad, and I havent been feeling well myself, so my mind, is a little off, and I accidently made a human error twice! ugh......

So she text me again and said "you forgot the wipes again" I said I know im sorry! and she said can you bring them by my house? I said I would but I have several appointments I have to be at today, If you want I can sit them out on the front porch and your DH can come get them (he was not working that day) She said OH! forget it, when he comes to but the $25 in gas in YOUR van, ill have him get them then, then she began scolding me like I was a child. At first I said Eh. oook, then I became angry and I told her not to talk to t me that way, and this situation could be avoided if she would provide me with the extra things, then I wouldnt have to touch whats in the diaper bag unless there was an emergency.  I said also most people have xtra wipes around, I have them in my car, my purse and my diaper bag, she said well im NOT YOU, I only keep them in my diaper bag, and its a hassle to have to hunt them down, when we are somewhere because YOU didnt put them back.  I said well like I said this can be avoided, and she then stopped talking.

So we were sitting down for dinner, and our doorbell rang and her husband came to our house, yelling at us and using fowel language, because of this situation!! My husband took him outside and handled, it.

So my question is, do you think I should just get rid of her? I love the baby, shes a sweet heart, but her parents are driving me nuts! and by the way this was just the straw that broke the camels back, there are a few other things, like she got mad at me that I asked for a day off,  because my daughter wasnt doing well after her surgery, and she got made, that I had a cold and didnt tell her, even though my husband stayed home, to help out so I wouldnt pass around my germs, but she was perfectly fine bringing her daughter over with Croup!!

Whats your take?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I don't provide services for people that don't treat me respectfully.

Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I wouldnt let her get away with treating you like that! I would tell her to find someone else to watch her child.

ILoveMyBabies10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Ya and they are upset saying im the one being disrespectful, and I forgot he got mad that I told the mom that she had a rash all over her tummy, and she gets mad if I dont tell her! ugh im super annoyed!!!

Quoting MissiHampt:

I don't provide services for people that don't treat me respectfully.

Larsbug
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I would tell her bye bye! There is no need to be rude to people like that, especially one who is watching her daughter...I can guarantee that not many people are going to  be generous like you and let her put gas in their car instead of paying them outright... I would get rid of her

MommaForever007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM
I'd take the pay cut in exhange for some sanity and less stress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JT32606
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Kick her to the curb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILoveMyBabies10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Ty everyone for your kind words, because Ive been hard on myself thinking, I deserve it, cuz I should have remembered to put the wipes in her bag, she even told me "This happend twice already"

piwife
I would tell her bye bye
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954

You are totally being walked on. I would make a mandatory list of items needed to be at your house or her child could find another place to be cared for at.

SandyHack
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Time to tell her that her time at your daycare isn't a good fit and you think maybe she should look for another place that is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)