Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know feng shui ?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do you know anything about feng shui ?Did you apply it in your home and worked ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaLALA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:48 PM
My mom is into that stuff. it works..her house feels different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM

HUH? lol nope not me. what is that anyway? (probably a silly question)

damana
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM
Google it and you will find out what is feng shui .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I apply it both at work and home. Many clients like it when I do feng shui after organizing a room.It does make a different in the over all feel of a room.

I just rearranged my SO apartment using many of the techniques. He said at first he didn't think he'd like it, after I left he realize what a different it made and decided not too put anything back the way it was before.

momof3angela
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I don't know how to do it but think it's a neat idea.

Mommy2justone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM
The only thing I know is not to face your bed with your feet toward the door. It lets all of your (something) out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikibix
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

It's not my thing but I humoured my dh and his relatives and have incorporated several elements into our home and the way our furniture is arranged.  The only thing that is "wrong" in our home is the direction our bed faces but the "correct" feng shui direction just won't work with the room layout. I have a small single bell hung from my living room corner, bells with several sets hung in different spots, round rocks in that corner, water feature over there, etc. lol.  Thankfully it all looks good and blends in. My dh's uncle has studied this quite extensively and came out and took several hours to figure it all out.

Did it work? Probably not, we've certainly had many difficult times financially, healthwise and in our relationship since moving to this home.

aamommy2011
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM

i used to have neighbors/roommates that did. once you got in the door, there was a mirror facing you. but they did that because of them following pagan rituals.

i havent looked it up yet, but who knows

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I know OF it, I've never DONE it.  :)

starfilled
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Personally, I don't believe in it.  However, if you believe in it, I do think it can help you (the placebo effect, I guess?).  I think concentrating on your home's feng shui in general though leads to a less cluttered and ultimately calmer house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)