Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so frustrated

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

my b/f got a new job today and it was totally deceiving in my eyes. they said avg 14 an hour. well it turns out they take him a hour away on commision only to sell meat out of meat trucks. he was gone 9am-9:30pm and only made 35 bucks. and he wants to go back and try it longer. im so mad cuz he wants to still work there! and i gotta take him on my gas and my gas is low. i say he find his own way and pay his own way there so he can see how much he ISNT making!  does anyone see my side!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ashsmth22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM

BUMP!

Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I know what you mean! But at least he has a job! I would try to be as supportive as much as you can be. It will get better!

earthangel1967
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Its hard to get good jobs right now ... I would stick with what he has while still applying elsewhere until he gets hired elsewherre bc at least its something in the meantime.  at least hes trying

Quoting Butterf1yK1sses:

I know what you mean! But at least he has a job! I would try to be as supportive as much as you can be. It will get better!

YVONNE

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:47 AM

That's a bummer.

I personally would never buy meat from one of those guys who just comes to my door.  I think it's weird.

momof3angela
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

That's a bummer.

I personally would never buy meat from one of those guys who just comes to my door.  I think it's weird.

I wouldn't either....hope he has success looking for something else.

bbmkfo03
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I had someone come to my door selling meat out of his truck and I thought it was strange. I know it's a tough economy and not many people aren't hiring these days but maybe he could start looking around for something else he'd be interested in while still trying this job?

gavansmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM

his job is illegal, they can not JUST pay you commission, there has to be base pay as well.  He has to AT LEAST make minimum wage... Just saying.

Mommy2justone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Didn't know people sold meat out of trucks....is it like an icecream truck?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gavansmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Now if his comission EXCEEDED minimum wage for the day he worked then they would not have to pay the base pay but he can not work for less then minimum wage. At least here in California..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)