Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever felt like this?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well my husband has been home from work for about 2 months now because of bad knee. He has been doing alot with our girls (which is great because he use to ignore them) but my almost 3 year old is getting really attached to him and doesn't want to listen to me much anymore, I haven't got to do alot with them this week because I am doing a spring cleaning on my house. I feel like he is taking my babies away from or he`s trying to out do me as a parent. Has anyone ever felt like this before?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pigpinsgurl313
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 PM

BUMP!

happymom1988
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM
I think what ur feeling is normal and i dont think he is trying to " out do u " at all , hope u feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom1988
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Also , ive never met any kids that would listen to both parents equally !! Lol they always have an idea of one parent being more " strict " than the other and the other one not so strict so they dont take that one seriously lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I think it's awesome your girls have such a close relationship with Dad. Do you know how many little girls wished they had a Dad that paid attention too them? I have two here with me. They're 20 and 17 now. Their dad has never given them the time of day. He left 11 years ago.

Try to work on the jealousy and see it for all the good it is. There will come a time they'll need you more, right now they have Daddy until he goes back too work. They are very fortunate and so are you! Stay Strong Momma!

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM

why are you complaining? lol. take the im sure much needed break to get things done you probably wouldn't be able to do with kids around all the time. being sarcastic, but honestly, i would love that!! lol.

i think its normal. my dd is 12 weeks, and she knows who mama is. if i had to go to work and my dh was with her all the time instead, i would be hurt if she didnt want me anymore :(

but your kids are older, right? just let them have this time with dad. when he goes back to work, they will have this to remember.

Butterf1yK1sses
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I think it is great he is bonding with your girls! I would use this as an excuse to get away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)