Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being induced

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM
  • 44 Replies

I might have to be induced because I have high Uric acid levels, extremely swollen legs, high blood pressure and protein in my pee =[ I have to go for another non-stress test on Saturday which will decide if I need to be induced or not. LO is perfectly fine, they're just really worried about me. I honestly wanted a natural birth but that might not happen now. I just really don't know what to expect. My doctor said it might be more painful or labor may last longer but there's no telling for sure. I'm just scared and scared for my LO to have to be stressed while he's being born.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneandonlyME
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Just take a deep breath and try to relax. Don't stress out or let the "what ifs" scare you.  I had 2 wonderful and easy inductions despite all the horror stories and warnings about pain and blah blah blah.  You'll be ok (hugs)

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:52 AM

feel betterStay hydrated and eat protein!

hws060504
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Big hugs! I can understand being scared.  Definitely stay hydrated and try to stay calm.  I had high BP with both pregnancies too.

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:09 AM

being induced does make it longer or hurt more. i have been induced with both my kids. my 12 old i didn't haave epidural, so u can still go natural if u want. she came out in 2 hours. and thst was from the time stepped into the hospital till the time she popped! lol.

don't stress over it. the baby will be fine.

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:09 AM

omg! it doesn't.....doesn't is what i meant.......its early.....lol

elizabeth_anne8
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:12 AM
My ob told me if I didn't have my daughter by monday he would have induced me!! At the same time he was feeling my cervix (in office) and after he left the room, I was like wth is coming out me? I lost my mucus plug! By the next night (friday night) I didn't know I was in labor but was in pain, and saturday morning I went to the hospital at 730am and had my daughter at 250pm hahaha

So get the hubby to finger u, and tell the baby to come out NOW!

Good luck, and I'm sorry u may have to be induced! I heard its a crappy thing, but just think after that you will have a little one in ur arms in less than 24 hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rjackson4684
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:16 AM

I was induced with all three of mine, and the last one I asked for.  Yes they day that the contractions can be harder but I did not know the difference.  I thought things went quicker becaue you went into labor faster instead of all the stages before.  Relax and remember that if this is ment to be it will be and you will not remember anything that may hurt once you are holding that wonderful baby. 

momof3angela
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Just do what is safest for both of you:)))  Saying some prayers for you and please keep us updated.

sandraberke
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM

for me it waas more painful that natural labor- i was induced at 39 weeks with my last baby- went in at 6 am got iv around 630 and hr later got my pitocin and by 5 pm had a baby- only made it till around 1 oclock ish before i had to have an epideral which i didnt want i wanted to go natrual but the pain was tooo great-

Mommy2justone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Praying for a healthy baby and mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)