Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just had a random thought...kind of...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM
  • 28 Replies
Every since I had my son, whenever I go out and someone is talking to me about him...why do they ask me if he sleeps through the night???
Hes not even 2 weeks old.
How many 2 week old babies do you know that sleep through the night, seriously!?
I have been asked that probably 5-6 times...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
army_wifey_06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Lol I hated when people asked me that! Next time someone asks say "yes and hes crawling too!" haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Just a common baby question.  My nephew did sleep through the night at 2 weeks.  He was like the perfect baby.

momoftwogirls
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:18 AM

one of my girls slept through the night as soon as i brought her home from the hospital. My other one not till she was a month old. Actually there prolly just trying to strike up a conversation and don't now where to start so asking questions about the baby is the way to go.

1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:18 AM
Hahaha I might do that one of these times

Quoting army_wifey_06:

Lol I hated when people asked me that! Next time someone asks say "yes and hes crawling too!" haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM
I think its just one of those baby questions that r common... Some people honestly either dont know or remember those earliest days of babydom.... And to answer your question my second son slept through the night at 1 week old... But after some medical issues and us having to wake him up for medicine 2x a night around 5 months old he never went back to that. He is almost two and only now sleeping completely through until morning.since you have a boy you will also get "has he peed on you yet?" and i used to hate the "oh mama you look tired" - just seemed rude to me lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM
I would love to have a newborn that sleeps through the night. And there's a couple times DS has tried to but I was told not to let them go more than 4-5hours without eating.

And yay I can't wait for those questions!!

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

I think its just one of those baby questions that r common... Some people honestly either dont know or remember those earliest days of babydom.... And to answer your question my second son slept through the night at 1 week old... But after some medical issues and us having to wake him up for medicine 2x a night around 5 months old he never went back to that. He is almost two and only now sleeping completely through until morning.since you have a boy you will also get "has he peed on you yet?" and i used to hate the "oh mama you look tired" - just seemed rude to me lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 AM

When i had my boys, everyone was telling me i have to wake them up every 2-4 hours to feed them through the night, and i asked my doctor, and she looked at me like i was crazy.  She said, if they're hungry, they'll wake up and let you know.  if they're sleeping throught the night, relish it, it might not last that long. My oldest would wake up maybe 2 times for either a diaper or being hungry, then go back to sleep....very seldom did he want to play at night...gassy nights were the roughest.  My youngest had acid reflux really bad, (we nearly lost him because of it...) that i literally stopped sleeping more than an hour a day...there's more, but getting tired myself...

Quoting 1_Teen_Mom:

I would love to have a newborn that sleeps through the night. And there's a couple times DS has tried to but I was told not to let them go more than 4-5hours without eating.

And yay I can't wait for those questions!!

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:16 AM

I will not ask until after about 6 months to a year.  My son did sleep thru the night from the time I brought him home, 5 days old. Another reason I do not ask this ??. Because when they ask me the same ?? and I answer, I get the eye roll at me, and a "Well weren't you lucky."

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Every child is different and I know several children who have slept 6-9hr straight at that age....so its not uncommon, but its not the "norm"!  But its so frustrating to answer such nosey questions.......

funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Probably just wanting to kniw if yours did. There are babies that young whi sleeps through the night. They were just curious & probably trying to strike up a convo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)