Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need a Doctor

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

by Eminem....

would you play that song at a funeral?? especially knowing that the reason that the person died was hospital neglegence? My BIL died of hospital acquired sepsis and MRSA... and my sis wants to play this song at his funeral because he liked Eminem a lot and liked the controversial music....

It's explicit so I will link it rather than embed it.

I need a Doctor

pregnancy due date

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
QuantumLove
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Idk it doesn't sound like it goes with the situation at all.....I don't know him or what he stood for though.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:06 AM

I see her reasoning and understand why she wants to play the song, if she could maybe come up with something in the eulogy explaining the reason of the song being played, that may be a good idea, so everyone attending the funereal has the understanding to why she felt this song should be playing. I am so sorry for your sister's loss and yours.  

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I am sorry for your family's loss.

My inclination would be against playing it.  It could increase despair when the music should be calming.

MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

she asked me to research songs for her. I know that he liked Eminem, but I really think that this song is just not right. She is also going ot have them play "When I'm Gone" which is another Eminem song, but although it's still rap it has a nice message....

I told her that I didn't think it was a good idea to play that song and she got hysterical. So, I backed off & told her it was my opinion, it was up to her since it was her husband.... but that I don't want other people to be upset by the song. That it was her decision really... but I didn't think it's a good idea. I warned one of our sisters and will be warning 2 others about it so that we can play defense for her if someone wants to make an issue out of it.

momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
I don't know that I could play it....but it sounds like her intention is b/c Justin liked Eminem. I am still so sorry about his death.
anon421
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I love Eminem but we don't listen to music at funerals is just the way our culture is. I think if is not loud like party music it is ok, that song is really nice. But like I said we don't play music at funerals so I dont' know how that would sound.

QuantumLove
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Sounds like you did the right thing. Thats what I would do in that situation too. It's really cool your all going to support her.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

she asked me to research songs for her. I know that he liked Eminem, but I really think that this song is just not right. She is also going ot have them play "When I'm Gone" which is another Eminem song, but although it's still rap it has a nice message....

I told her that I didn't think it was a good idea to play that song and she got hysterical. So, I backed off & told her it was my opinion, it was up to her since it was her husband.... but that I don't want other people to be upset by the song. That it was her decision really... but I didn't think it's a good idea. I warned one of our sisters and will be warning 2 others about it so that we can play defense for her if someone wants to make an issue out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)