Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question...how old was your child

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 AM
  • 21 Replies

My daughter (will be 5 in July) has started wiping her own bum. Yay!!!! She does a really good job, was nervous at first, I stood there with her and guided the first couple of times and 2 weeks later, she just has me come in and check to make sure she did a good job. I'm just wondering how old your children were when they started wiping themselves. I have a friend who wiped her daughter until she was 9. That child was the last of 4 and my friend got sick of washing nasty undies, so she did it herself. That made it so that the child couldn't use a bathroom to poop if her mom wasn't around. No going in school, no going at her grandparents, no going if her mom was working...that in turn caused massive stomach issues. My daughter is doing an amazing job and knows that she needs to get it down pat before she goes to school in September. I'm really proud of her for this and many other things. I just can't believe how fast they grow up.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starfilled
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:17 AM

My son started wiping at 3, by 4 he was doing just fine on his own.  The occasional skidmark ismuch better than me having to wipe a 9 year old's rear end... IMO, she did her child a huge disservice.

squidsmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I have the same opinion....

Quoting starfilled:

My son started wiping at 3, by 4 he was doing just fine on his own.  The occasional skidmark ismuch better than me having to wipe a 9 year old's rear end... IMO, she did her child a huge disservice.

okhsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM

My kids started around the age of your daughter.  Before that, I didn't feel they could manage on their own.  After school starts, they need to have some competency in this area.

AudrasMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM

She's been wiping herself since she was two.  I let her do it on her own and then I would make sure she was clean.  She stopped needing help at around three.  She's 4 now and she doesn't need any help, gets her bottom clean and I don't have any problems with dirty underwear.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM
My kids start wiping theirselves when they're potty trained. I get wipes or them and it helps out a lot. I start potty training around 2, so they have been doing it alone since then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutumnsMommy00
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:09 AM
My dd just turned 3 and wipes after she pee's on the potty(in the process of potty training) but idk if its her poop or the tp but she can't get her butt. But she's making so much head way with potty training that I don't mind at the moment but I would hope that 4 or so she can do it on her own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Since around 3 years.  (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Connor 3

mabelrose
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM

3 for my oldest... the little one just wiped her bum for the first time last night and she is 23 months, but i still do a double wipe to make sure.

JT32606
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Ds started doing that like.... 5 months ago .... He'll be 3 in june. He yells at me if I try to help lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM

my dd will be 4 in august. i'm going to teach her how then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)