Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypocondriac friend

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

Okay so u all know the friend that has kids, that there is always a sickness with these kids. I have a friend that has been very good to me over the years but, she truly believes that her kids have about 20 plus food allergies. Everytime I talk to her, she says her kids are always sick with some kind of cold or infection or something else. She is constantly telling me what is good, and not good to eat. She is thinking about taking her older daughter out of school because of her social/allergy situation. I feel bad for the kids and think she will cause her kids to have the same extreme thoughts about the world. I can only take her in small doses, I now limit my time I spend with her. So what do u all think, should I say something or just let her do her own thing? Sorry so long, but I don't know what to do about it, and help her from not making her kids as crazy as she is!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance! :)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sweettigeress
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Do you know for sure that these kids are not always sick? 

mackiebugsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM
My SIL is the same way... She gets it from my MIL. I just live with it. She just wants what is best for her kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommypreneur
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Good question, I only know what she tells me! But I have learned to keep my distance away from negative ppl for now on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)