Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband wants another baby but I'm not sure

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

We have a 3 1/2 year old wonderful little boy.  I am happy but my husband really wants another kid.  I know he really would like to have a daughter but he says he doesn't care either way.  Plus it doesn't help that his best friend just had a baby so my husband now has baby fever.  I always thought I would have just one kid.  Things are easy and I still get free time.  I do feel bad at times that my son doesn't have a sibling though.  Most people I know have 2 kids.  I don't know what to do at this point.  My husband and I both work full time and could financiall do it but I don't want to mess up things the way they are now.  Anybody else go through this?  Any suggestions.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Iluvjandkplus8
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM
I love both of my boys. With that said, two is totally different than one. You have to divide your attention, wrangle both kids with different wants/needs and deal with the usual sibling stuff (fighting, sharing...etc.) I of course wouldn't change a thing but if you are unsure really think about it. It is a big change, at least it was for us. Good luck in making the right decision for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aamommy2011
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM

get a puppy???

jenC1978
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I have cats thanks.  Not looking for sarcasm here but thanks anyway.

Quoting aamommy2011:

get a puppy???

calimommy1021
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Maybe you and your husband should sit down and discuss it. Tell him your reasons for not wanting a baby and your reasons for wathing a baby (if you have any). Then he can give you his reasons. And then you two and talk it out that way. I understand that change is a big shocker, but I know if you did end up having another baby you would get used to it after a while. I have a 3 year old now and am pregnant with my second and I know it's going to be tough to adjust to being a mom of 2 kids, but I know my daughter will enjoy having a sibling. It's good for them to have someone to play with. That's really the only advice I can give you and I hope you and your husband can figure this out. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker
proud2barmywify
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I'm in the same boat, my boy is 3 1/2 and I kind of wanted another. We got preg and I miscarried so I don't think I have it in me to try again. Hubby wants to keep it the way it is and only have our one. I'm starting to see that it is easier and I really don't want to start over with diapers and teething and potty training... We are through all that. I'm actually settling into the decision of not having any more. Just don't rush the decision. You dont want to have regrets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)