Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping Too Much

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 10 months old. He wakes up at around 7 am, I get him out of bed by 7:30 at the latest, and he is usually ready for a nap around 9 or 9:30 at the latest. He sleeps until sometimes noon, then has lunch and wants another nap by 1 or 2. Then wakes up around 3 or 4 and is ready for a nap right before dinner. I dont let him nap again and he is miserable from dinner till bed around 7:30 to 8. How do I keep him up?? It does not matter if we are home, or out he just wants to sleep!! 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Iluvjandkplus8
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Wow! That is a lot of sleeping. IDK if that's something to be concerned with or not. Has he always slept that much? Maybe he's going through a growth spurt if not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluEyedCrazy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Umm yeah for the most part he sleeps like this. I am just wondering by this age most babies are not as happy to nap so much. He is in a great mood till tired hits, then he is a raving maniac...lol Kinda makes doing anything a big chore :)

Quoting Iluvjandkplus8:

Wow! That is a lot of sleeping. IDK if that's something to be concerned with or not. Has he always slept that much? Maybe he's going through a growth spurt if not.

sweettigeress
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Most babies require 3 naps a day, which is what he's getting. And him staying awake for 2 to 2.5 hours then napping is perfectly normal. I wouldn't worry too much. Don't force him to stay awake or he'll be that much harder to put to sleep at night. 

sweettigeress
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I would go by his schedule. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)