Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tantums

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son turned 4 a few months ago and has really kicked up his tantrums...crying over it seems like EVERYTHING and throwing himself down and complaining when he doesn't get his way.  Any advice when your kids went through this??  Seems like everything i've tried just isn't working and i'm concerned for when he starts preschool in the fall that he will act like this!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:33 PM
my dd is doing this but she is only 15 months i put her in time out everytime she does it now if i tell her no mam u wanna go in time out... she stops! i hope u find out how to stop him from that i know its hard to listen to him scream for no reason! good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM

This is a perfect time to teach him positive coping skills.  Don't give in to him when he has the tantrums...staying calm and having a calm voice is helpful as well.  If it persists past a certain point I think time out is a great idea.  Give him time to think about what he is having the tantrum over.

squidsmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I ignore it as much as possible, sometimes I will send my daughter to her room until she can get herself under control and then she can talk to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)